Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Afternoon nap with papa

Bea2 used to be stuck on me like a glue. The womb must be a really comfortable place for her that though there is no way to go back in again, at least she could get the closest to it by just being glued to mama.

During the first year in her life, papa was not so significant for her. Off course, hubby won't agree with this. Having no helper at home, and since it is only the 4 of us living in the apartment, hubby is the only person I can rely on to keep an eye on the girls. However, Bea2 just hated it when she was left with her papa, and sometimes she treated him like a threat.

Nearing her first birthday, she realised from the laughter from Bea1 while playing with papa meant only one thing: papa could not be that bad after all. After that, I saw her paid more attention to different funny tones that hubby made during bedtime stories. Now, she joins in the fun.

Lately, there are nights that I'm so exausted I go to bed right away after dinner. Dearest hubby just has to do what he got to do: clean the girls, change them into pyjama and bedtime stories. Bea2 used to have 'nen-nen' to sleep but now she can just fall asleep while listening to hubby's storytelling. I'm glad with this new development as the arrival of the new baby is approaching.

Last Sunday, due to a slight change in daily routine, Bea2 decided to have her nap earlier than usual. That time when I was busy preparing lunch. She was wailing in hubby's arms and I just shooed him away from the kitchen. While Bea1 lined different types of sugar on the counter and asked me to name each one of them, I heard a complete silence from the bedroom.

After having lunch laid on the table, we tip-toed to the bedroom. What I witnessed was one of the most beautiful scenes, a sight that I never imagined I would see: Bea2 was fast asleep on her (sleeping) papa, with her cheek against his chest. Even Bea1 was captivated by that, and we decided not to interrupt, and went ahead with our lunch instead.

Later, hubby complaint on how difficult to get her to finally doze off. He started off with books, later with some songs, about 20 times of Twinkle twinkle lil' star, 15 times Baa Baa Black Sheep (he almost gave up when she sang along together) but finally settled down with a song. I can't remember the title of the song but it goes something like this (hope I got it right):

Hush little baby don't say a word
Papa's going to buy you a mocking bird
If the mocking bird won't sing
Papa's going to buy you diamond ring
If the diamond ring turns to brass
Papa's going to buy you a looking glass
If the looking glass gets broke
Papa's going to buy a billy goat
If that billy goat runs away
Papa, papa's going to buy you another day....

For a little girl, this song may means a lot. It means that papa will always be there whenever she needs him or he will always mend things when they go wrong. Little things in life that make me feel so blessed to have this family (and it is still growing!). I have no idea why I'm being mushy today, maybe because my parents are here in KL and I'm out of here to see them.

6 Comments:

Blogger 5xmom.com said...

It is nice to get mushy feelings. I love it when I can come out with mushy words. It gives warm, fuzzy feelings, sometime with tears too.

BTW, they have now made that Hush Lil Baby song into some rap or whatever song. My eldest son will play it over and over again. So geram!!! And it wasn't too long ago that I sang it for him when he was a baby. Time flies, so Ros, enjoy every moment of them. The good, the bad and the stinky (poo) moments are all so precious!

1:42 AM  
Blogger Buaya69 said...

hehe, i fall asleep faster than the girls *shame shame*

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww ... so sweet ... Can't wait til that happens to me ... So far, like Belacan, DH falls asleep faster than Amira .. :)

10:42 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

5xmom...wow, I did know that, must look for the rap version. Yeah, agree with you we should enjoy every moment. If we can always remind ourselves of that, things can be easier and we can be happier;).

belacan and pompit...who says Bea2 fall asleep first, I suspected the father dozed off faster. Er...in fact, now both of us tend to do it faster than the girls *shame* but we make sure the room is child safety-proof;).

4:53 PM  
Blogger Mumsgather said...

All mums love to watch their babies sleep on their daddies chest so any dads reading this know what to do lah.

2:04 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Hi twinsmom...that is usually the case now, parents asleep means no more fun and it is time to sleep.

mumsgather...wish more daddies like to try this sometimes.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home