Wednesday, September 09, 2009

More on hospital stay and some shortbread

Actually I'm still shocked by the action of some people protesting over something by kicking some poor animal's head. That's the reason for the delay in updating, seriously. It killed my mood right away, wish I could share what I really feel about it, but I could get carried away, I might speculate things, I might need more time to do research before I write something that I would regret later.

Anyway, I have decided that this humble blog was created just to share anything about parenting a bunch of kids;).

So let's move on...

Two cots and a bed in a two-bedded room. We had to squeeze in a single-bedded room for the first night before it is available.


They don't really look sick, do they?

Presentation of food is very good but the taste...well what can I say about hospital food.

Of course kids easily get bored. Adel would ask me or hubby to follow him around, to walk around the ward about 5634 times a day!
Bea1 found the CCTV and figured out how it works. She figured out the locations of the camera and took turns with Bea3 to do some 'performances'. One danced and sang, they other watched "rolls eyes".



Time for the medicine. Adel was fine with the drips but hated the neb, and it is the other way round with the girls.


The medicine, antibiotic, prebiotic that they had to continue taking at home....I got overwhelmed by the amount

... hubby created the schedule and pasted it on the fridge, so that no one got confused.


We had another check-up yesterday. Bea1 is officially asthmatic. So we need to watch out a bit. Luckily doc said we don't have to ban any food, just be careful when she shows any sign of allergy. She has to use the inhaler for 3 and is taking Singulair for 2 months respectively. She has stopped sneezing in the morning now, I have no idea how long it will last. She did fasting well on the first 3 days, stopped due to the hospitalisation and today she said she wanted to continue on Friday since she has finished some of the medicine. Awwww...my girl just knows how to melt my heart.

Anyway, my dad, a sister and a brother are astmatic. My sister-in-law just told me, one of my nieces also is. So, we are one big happy asthmatic family;).

*********

I move on to another topic now;).

I was hoping to embark on kuih raya project with the girls during the school holiday but due tothe hospitalisation, it had to be postponed. But they begged me to do something. So Idecided on something very simple, a shortbread recipe with only butter, brown sugar and flour. To get a good result, I believe the butter must be good.

I would like to share with you what I think is the best now:

Been using in for a few months now. It is American, it comes in 4 sticks and handy if you always follow American measurement. It is RM9.99 for about 450 g and that's not expensive compared to the other imported ones. I just read that American butter is graded such as AA, A, B...and so on. AA is the best and I'm glad that my judgement is right!

Anyway, for the shorbread recipe I added some rice flour to get crispier texture and salt (as my butter is unsalted). Since I have girls helping out, they must put some colours on it.

Simple but my girls prefer it over the famous ole Danish cookies;), I mean those sold in the round tin.

Now kids are up, running and kicking, I really must find the time for serious biskut raya baking.

Oops...I have forgotten to wish my wonderful beautiful Muslim readers. Ramadhan Kareem to all, let's make it better than the previous ones.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nak aihhh kesiannya...sorry makcik x sempat nak p tengok...

ke

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Yatie SawaNiLa said...

macam tak sakit jer???? hihihi they look happy...

memang boring kan duduk kat hospital and no wonder the hospital look familiar... my daughter pun ada asthma.. last year pun admitted due to asthma....

but so far, dia still mkn ice cream...once a week..

once a day.. I kasi both kids (actually both ada asthma) a tbps of honey. normally in the morning. Alhamdulillah this year tak de asthma yang teruk lagi.

and the kuih raya... bestnye dah start buat... kena try that butter.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous mrs b said...

so cute and lovable Adel and the girls :) they actually prescribed probiotics with antibiotics now? We didnt have that 4 years back.
butter beli kat mana? i love the cookies, so neat and nice. so tempted to get a proper oven pulak....

1:52 PM  
Blogger geeth said...

Hope the kids are feeling better now. Take care..

3:08 PM  
Blogger D said...

hehe.. nostalgic giler. i once had 2 kids admitted in the hosp (back in msia) for same reason - on the neb and meds. memang macam orang tak sakit!!! lagi sakit kepala maknya ada la...

hope all are well!

ps: nak sket biskuttttttttttt!

4:55 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Ke...it's ok, hey are fine now.

yatie..eventhough doc said continue with normal food, I rasa tak sedap nak bagi icecream selalu..now memang cut down on that gila-gila. So kira ok juga la...tapi I will let them indulge once in a while.

Shortbread tu bukan kuih raya lagi la...suka-suka je tu, 50 pieces pun tak dapat.

Mrs B...yes, looks like now they must compensate the 'damage' done even to good bacteria with pre-biotics, whichis good la kan.
I only do shopping around our place now...so far I only se it in Grocer (Ikano also got) and recently Giant.

Thanks Geetha...they are fine now, only Bea1 has to continue with the medication.

D...can't agree more, mak yang sakit lepas tu;)

12:02 AM  
Anonymous KittyCat said...

Hi Mama23Beas! Been a while since I visited :)

So funnylah your girls -definitely dun look asthmatic but luckily, you spotted the wheezing. My Dad had asthma till he was a teen but it went off after he took up swimming.

Hubby was asthmatic as a child too and MIL swears by Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil to build up the lungs. Hope this helps!

Mmm...I love shortbread LOL

1:22 PM  
Anonymous lilian said...

Hhaha Ros, your post is really long, from hospital to cookies. But re the asthmatic and sneezing, try changing the bedsheets often, no soft toys cos my eldest son was allergic to dust mites. SOme blur doctors banned my poor kid from eating chocolate, ice, dairy etc etc until we found out through allergen tests that he was only allergic to dustmites.

1:17 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

KittyCat, thanks...am forcing my kids Scott's Emulsion now. Hope Seven Seas has better taste.

Lil...thanks, am trying to do that too. Leceh but what to do, kesian Bea1.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home