Sunday, July 12, 2009

Slowly getting back to the routine

Three weeks is all I got from mom and sister. I was surprised that mom managed to stay 2 out of the 3, knowing that usually she can only tahan spending only one night at our place.

Anyway, for the whole of last week, hubby went out with the girls and Adel in the morning, firstly to send Bea1 to KAFA and later the rest to the babysitter before the office. A helpful colleague cum neighbour fetched Bea1, sent her home and later to the school.

Last Monday is my 31st day. Ok, mom-in-law insisted 30th but I consider the birth day as the first day;). I can't tahan already, Bea2 and Bea3 had missed kindy for 3 weeks. So I decided that's it, I drive!

The whole week was spent dropping off and picking up, but once Bea1 is in school and the rest at the babysitter in the afternoon, I have all the time for myself and Atef. Bertungku is so draggy but I try to do that at least once a day. I also still continue with the bengkung at night.

The new term also started this week, and I singgah the office in between to send teaching materials to a prof who is taking over my classes. And also to show off Atef;).

And I baked too! I modified a recipe on Thursday to do something to dates from last Ramadhan. I must finish them before the next one comes, which is about one month away.

I cooked 15 dates in boiling milk to soften them. After cooling them, I removed the seeds, blended them with the milk and 3/4 cup sugar. Later I mixed with 1/2 cup oil and 1 cup sifted self-raising flour.

Pic is horrible, bila la nak beli micro-lens ni hehe

Bea1 just loves them. A better way to eat dates besides munching them on their own. They are just too sweet for me. And the cake is eggless, mom would not freak out if she knew that;).

Thought of decorating them with choc icing but I didn't know what I was thinking, when I whipped castor instead of icing sugar with the rest of the ingredients. Gave up I just dumped the mixture in the fridge.
Yesterday, I found that it was hardened. Not to waste it, I added some hot water to it and mixed again. Added 3 eggs (at 36th day, mom is ok with me taking some already), 150g flour, some baking powder and coarsely chopped pecan nuts.

It turned out to be a cross between a cake and brownie. A little fluffy moist texture but with crispy top, and not too rich. The kids love it too, and I got motivated to have some fun with the icing!

Isn't that wonderful when you don't know what you're doing by just dumping whatever comes to mind and it turns out to be good.

With all the activities, now I found myself stop counting the days when the confinement will be over;). I still try to rest a lot anyway, and I have not touched the broom yet!

Yesterday, hubby brought the girls to a bowling competition that his company organised. Later they watced Ice Age. I spent the day with only the boys and took some pics!
My comot boy...

and another one!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahahaha...adel comelnya...
err atef? tdo jer ye....

ke

2:18 PM  
Anonymous lilian said...

Ish, look at the cheeks! Both of them.

Eh, eh, pantang pegang penyapu, biarlah last for one whole year pun tak apa kan? Hahaha

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adel new haircut ya --sofhib

9:57 AM  
Anonymous lyza said...

Weyler .... dah tembam dah pipi dia ...so cute ... and Adel is getting 'handsomer' ..

Both ur brownie and date cupcake looks delicious ....esp the 'brownie' ...

10:53 AM  
Blogger Moo Mummy said...

ohh... cutenya

3:00 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

k e... tido kira ok la tu

lil...pegand penyapu bukan pantang, yang pantang tak boleh buat kerja rumah la. Tapi kalau ada pun ok juga ya haha

sofhib...puas berperang kat barber's shop tau.

lyza...saja ambik gambar tepi tu, nak tunjuk pipi.

moo mommy...yours too;)

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home