Saturday, October 10, 2009

Meringue pulak!


I have about 20 extra eggwhites from raya cookie baking, and they've been sitting in the fridge. I tried making meringue cookies last night and it is quite easy peasy;). Since I normally let the kids stay up as long as they can tahan on weekend nights, we had some colourful-meringue-sprinkling moments.

4 eggwhites and about a cup of sugar gives us about 40 small pink and blue cookies. I just piped them out from a piping bag. Took 21/2 hours to cook, and left overnight to cool in the oven. They are crispy to the bite and melt in the mouth. Kids love it, especially Bea3. Anyway, they are not something that you would give to your kids often as they are just too sweet.

I can still improve the look by making the batter stiffer next time. Anyway, they look lovely enough that I made the effort to fill some in a glass to snap nice pics;).

On another matter, a friend who is a silent and regular reader to my blog commented that I ranted too much in my previous post;) and she didn't finish reading. So I guess some do not read till the end as well. So I'm doing it again here. Please help Adam in his survey for his PhD and you will be donating to charity at the same time. It's easy and won't take you more than 15 minutes.

8 Comments:

Anonymous ~ zu said...

Rem, cute meringue...i was looking for that receipe; thanks ye. Saw that article about the cave dalam star online today..thanks to nora; excited giler aku baca tu ;-) btw, sorry hari tu tak jumpa cari contractor scaffolding tu

10:59 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

About the contractor, it's ok I should have called earlier. Alhamdulillah everything was fine. About the article, nothing to shout about, the reporter got 100% wrong and we are kind of happy for that, told him to just wait for all work done but he couldn't, will hopefully publish before end of the year and may get him to correct his story...really have no idea how he got to know about the trip...macam papparazzi pulak hehe.

10:45 AM  
Blogger nuhaafnan said...

they're so pretty!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous mrs b said...

not ranting la, many of us enjoy reading on yr enthusiasm for yr work and family, its called living a life to the fullest btw :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

raggeyanne...thanks, but I think can still be improved. I used lime juice to get it to stay in shape. I guess cream of tartar or vinegar would be better.

mrs b...thanks, yes agree with u on the living to the fullest part (I'm always trying to do that)but still think some people would be turned off by my rambling;)

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im not looking for meringue but looking for how creative u r...that's what we call art of decoration..a colourful meringue in a glass..hmmm boleh tiru ni untuk buat presentation kalau ada cooking contest...haha

ke

8:16 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

k e...creative? Tak lah...kalau masuk dalam gelas yang tak clear tu, macam mana nak tunjuk meringue yang comel tu kan!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kira creative la tu...

ke

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home