Thursday, October 15, 2009

A restaurant in the apartment

The kids love to play "masak-masak", and sometimes they pretend running a restaurant. But before I bought the play kitchen, they never had something this extensive. With the other toys and stuffs available, they come up with this:


At the back, castle tent is the restromm. That's a relatively very huge restroom for a restaurent;). The piece of white paper is a "tandas" signage. A peek through the door would show a chair in there as the throne;). On the kitchen high "cabinet", small books from the Ladybirb series are used as plates. There are also rolling pin, baking pan and a few other from the Ikea Duktid series.

That's Bea2 busy running the kitchen. Besides the two toy containers is our old TV stand, that I just so want to trash. They use it as an area to place the food before serving.

Food can be from anything...wooden blocks, parts of an aeroplane, small pieces of paper that they tear, rice/spaghetti from the kitchen, I mean MY kichen *sigh*.

The easel is where they paste the menu of the day;). And you can see more food waiting to be served. On the table, the purple thing is an activity table but without the legs. It is a cash register. Bea1 used to beg me to buy one, but the only thing I saw costs over RM100. With this, she stopped asking.

And on your right are the table and chairs for the customers. When they are really at it, each would take specific role: chef, cashier and waitress. Adel is always persuaded to be the customer. And he always can't sit still and that's frustrating to the girls;). The waitress is always Bea1, as she is the only one that can take proper order. And yes, it is with the right spelling in a small booklet.

A lot of time, they involve the parents too by coming to us and asking what we would like to have.

That part of the apartment is the messiest BUT frankly I love it when my kids play that way. So I don't really mind. They spend a lot of time here, and that always mean peaceful time for me to do my stuffs and no fight with papa over the TV remote
*rolls eyes*.

I plan to give this area a good paint and get their toys to be more organised but it stays as a plan for a long time. It really does not matter and the kids do not complain.

A few things are missing from my kitchen but I don't really mind if they don't touch my baking stuffs. And you may guess that 99.9% is Ikea in that restaurant.

And I even love looking at them playing. And I knew it, the purchase of the most expensive toy (the kitchen) is all worth it. Who knows one day, they decide to really operate a real restaurant and mama23beas can goyang kaki already...haha!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

errr, i wanna join the Beas too. --sofhib

6:15 PM  
Blogger LindaMunshi said...

That looks fun!

3:59 AM  
Blogger chanelwong said...

Soo creative...
as long it will keep them occupy i think it is fine n money well spent...

1:19 PM  
Blogger Hui-Wearn said...

the ikea kitchen is selling like hotcakes! always out of stock each time i drop by ikea!

1:45 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Sofhib...come la!

Wannabe Supermom...yes, it does!

Chanel...it does not necesserily needan expensive play kitchen for kids to have fun...it's just me nak sedapkan hati hehe!

Hui-Wearn...oh, really? then I'm so glad I got it right away, if not must be frustrating to wait for the stock to come.

4:16 PM  
Blogger nuhaafnan said...

i love it when kids play 'properly' like this! tak mcm nunu, menyemak sana sini, apa yg dia main pun tak tau. oh, but then again, maybe she needs a play partner *facepalm*

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home