Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Girls' wardrobe

Got so excited with the Ikea sale, went there on the first day and loaded the MPV with the girls' new wardrobe.
Off course, earlier they wanted these


but I had to give lectures on why they could not have those. For the price of one cartoonish Mammut, I could get two tall Trofast that comes with bigger space. And Hensvik looks too flimsy, to me.
And more importantly, pine Trofast goes well with the Vikare beds (that I got from the As Is many months ago for only RM190 with the mattress, I still can't get over it).

Loved to have all red, but they had ran out of it. Bought the blue ones as the staff could not confirm when the new stock of the red doors comes in. That's a total of RM430 saving with the sale. Please ignore the artwork on the wall, still can't bring myself to get the painting done.
For some fun, I stitched the Kallt stars on the Minnen mirror (also from As Is) and the girls were so pleased with that. Ok, the boy too;).

I can't stay away from Ikea. For this sale alone, I had made 4 trips. The first one to get the furniture, the second, on the next day to get some points for the card from a friend's purchase, the third on Sunday to return shelves (of the wrong size) and get the right ones, plus some shopping at the Curve to fill the wardrobe a bit;). Yesterday, went there to get the Kallt lights. All are very fast visits, the last one is only half an hour while waiting for Bea1 to finish school. And I still have a voucher from the shelves return. So, definitely there will be the fifth...see, that's how crazy I am!

9 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

the photo with the dressingtable lights macam dalam fairytale!!

btw.. you can email me at tinabakeswithfriends at gmail dot com (mhb here!) came here to look for your profile kot2 ada your email but can't find any...

btw.. thanks for the enquiry

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm, it's time to visit you againnnn. --sofhib

10:59 PM  
Blogger Mumsgather said...

You just cannot stay away from Ikea can you? Haha. I like the dressing mirror. Very nice.

8:55 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

MHB...I'd been thinking to make the mirror more interesting. Thought of hanging a kids 'chandelier' above it, also from Ikea but it is too expensive. Was so glad to find Kallt on sale at RM19. Now, the Bea2 switches that on everynight before bed as the nightlight. Nice!

Sofhib...come la one of the weekends. Give me a notice first.

MG...what did I say? Keep away...haha very bad English. Corrected and thanks for pointing that out! It was tedious to stitch all 16 lights around the mirror with Atef around, and two more who were eager to see the final product. But I just love it!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Dilip Mutum said...

We mostly go to Ikea to eat or grab a snack as it is on the way home from the Univ. However, can't buy any furniture even though there are some great bargains as we don't have space in the house anymore.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Moo Mummy said...

woo...nice!
pls inform me when there is/are promotion of the Vikare bed!

10:04 PM  
Anonymous yatie said...

i have to admit... IKEA tu mcm berantu... everytime pergi sana end up.. mesti terbeli something.
last i went i bought baby cot..

I like the girls set...

would love to buy more but no more space...

1:40 PM  
Blogger chanelwong said...

lovely...I also like pine finishing

2:05 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Adam...Ikea in between uni and home? I would get so distracted and may not get anything done in the office. And yes, space in our place is getting lesser.

Moo mommy...hard to get la and I don't see Vikare for a long time. Think got discontinued after Trofast is out. Anyway, trofast bed pun ok. Will let you know, ok!

Yatie...tak berhantu la, kena pandai control. Macam bagus nasihat orang.

Chanel...yes, nice and normally the look lasts longer right?

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home