Wednesday, August 09, 2006

We love the kitchen!

Maybe you think there is more 'progress' on my incomplete kitchen. Nope, not yet. It took me 4 Ikea catalogue, many, many times opening and closing cabinets in many, many show units and 6 times visits to the kitchen workstation area. I have not decided on the wall cabinets and also the cooker hood, now only rely on a ventilation fan. And also the occasional table, thinking to just use the remnant of the wooden counter top (that was cut to fix the huge sink), buy table legs and turn it into one table. But at the moment I'm taking a break. Well, of course I will still go at least once to their current sale, not to buy anything...ok I lied, I may get some photo frames or other smaller stuffs.

What I want to write is, after more than a month, my white APPLAD kitchen still looks ok. A bit messy, but that shows all the action is taking place there.


There, my darling Bea1 helping me with the celery.


We have a huge cabinet just below one for a built-in oven (also still in my dream;)) that the girls just love. They call it Bea1's house.


And the castle (also an Ikea stuff) on the right is Bea2's house.


Bea1's house is also their rendevouz, a place to hide from their parents;). Both of them can fit in there nicely, with the door closed;).

Trust me, it looks small but I have plenty of storage spaces. Think hubby loves it too, he is beginning to make "after dinner washing dishes" a routine.

Anyway, thought I'm crazy enough about Ikea but check out what I found today. Somebody created a blog. fantastic idea, I love it, love it, love it. Check it out yourself, but if you are not a fan, don't bother!

10 Comments:

Blogger Leilanie said...

We love IKEA stuff too.
We were there the entire evening (yesterday) sampai IKEA tutup lampu.

We're moving to a new home too.......
soon.... very soon.
Where did you get your kitchen done from? Share sikit moving/buying tips.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When ppl 1st come to our hse they call it Ikea house. But we bought those item yg murah2 je. I am gonna hv white dry kitchen cabinet for my next house erk..in 2 years time. Enjoy the kitchen...

10:05 AM  
Blogger hoteliermom said...

We just moved house too, and got some wardrobes from IKEA...love it! Yet to go for their sale though...ada apa apa yang best ke??

2:27 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Leilanie,

Got the kitchen from Ikea la, of course. Planning for my kitchen, though with a little headache, comes with a satisfaction at the end.
If you're getting one from Ikea, you should not have much prob.
Anyway, your request is an excuse for me to blog about how I plan my kitchen;). But part of the buying is done already, go to my archive. The title "From an apartment into a home (Part 5)".

Butterflutter...if you have the money, go for ABSTRACT white. Nicer, hi-gloss finish. APPLAD is all I can afford!

hoteliermom...everything best la at Ikea if you ask a fanatic like me. Anyway, if you are looking for sofas, yes huge discount now. I just went this morning...but luckily I berjaya refrained myself for spending more!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Am not very much into Ikea stuff... but exciting to be on a new project eh?

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IKEA is great and reasonable. wow....as pure as snow all white! Cool. Happy blogging, cool stuff here!

10:44 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

lrong...if you have other alternative, it is ok then. Over here, other furnitures are either too expensive, imported ones or lousy locals;).

flowsnow...thanks for visiting. And I have yet to start another round of choosing the wall cabinets...tiring but exciting project;)

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huargh, the last pic is so cute!

2:41 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Simon...leaving in an apartment, I'm just glad if the girls find any spot that can be turned into a play area;)

6:02 PM  
Blogger TripleJin said...

ikea has got great ideas. but after years of buying their stuff, I find it all sags in the middle.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home