Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hiding from the kids

We've been married for 5 years and, with 3 kids I never thought we had 'expended' this fast. When we have the chance to just cuddle, it just feels the same as before we have them.

I'm not really sure about other parents, but we sometimes do 'hide' from the kids at little oppurtunies. I jokingly, call it as 'a state of denial'. Hubby loves doing it by lying in fetal position, holding a pillow and facing the wall. Whenever I think the girls are occupied with something, I'd join him and we cuddle, with eyes closed.

We may only have a few seconds of 'bliss' before the girls realise that mama and papa 'dissapear'. Then we heard something like this:

"Mama kat mana?"

"Tengok kat dapur"

"Takkk...kat bilik la"

Followed by small fast steps towards the room.

I whisper to hubby "No, no it is not happening to us...hold tighter, keep the eyes closed"

"Mamaaaaa, papaaaaa...."

"No, no...not happening to us"

Then we feel a force trying hard to separate us, using their little bodies to squeeze themselves between us. And they do it loudly, with giggles and laughes.

Ok, that's it...I open my eyes to face the reality.

Anyway, it is purely a joke between me and hubby. We love our kids to bits. And we know they grow very fast, and we may experience the empty nest syndrome earlier than we thought.

Bea3 is mobile now, I can't let the door to the yard open. That's her favourite place, she loves observing the cycles in the washer and dryer.

02130001

She can even pull herself up while holding on the sofa. Don't laught at my dirty sofa, ok;).

02130004

And she is also feeding herself.
02070001

Bea2 can feed herself with little supervision, cleaning up after her is another story though.

02070004

And Bea1 helps me folding the clothes, think you can tell which are hers and which mine.

02060002

It's just great to have kids, hiding from them is just another game.

6 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

It seems you really enjoy your kids.

8:01 PM  
Blogger LindaMunshi said...

Hahaha! I was thinking "Wow! Ros's hse is practically an Ikea advertisement. Everything is Ikea" till I noticed the bib on B2...Oh, ur at Ikea. Patutlah, everything Ikea. LOL.

Can't believe B3 is already cruisin' rasa mcm baru lagi...*sigh* how time flies...So bambam lah she...rasa mcm nak picit-picit jek LOL.

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, i'm anne bloghopper ni. so ur name is Ros, ye? Actually lama dah nak tinggal comment kat sini tapi segan. But i cant help it nak menyibuk jugak coz i think Bea3 looks exactly like my daughter! and tht thing she does with her brows, so cute! I hope u dun mind i dah link u awal2 lagi.
Nice entry you have here *sweets*

2:13 PM  
Blogger Juliah & Faridah said...

alahai .. syok nye.. tersengih2 i baca posting ni..

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, so cutelah!

10:33 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Yes, Friday...they are truly gifts from God.

sarah's mummy...except for gifts from friends, my house is really filled with Ikea stuffs. But of course not yet a showhouse le.

Anne...really? She has been doing it in the womb, I think as she has got the lines on the forehead. Thanks for linking me, let me know when the blog is up, ok.

haariz's mom...thanks for finding it amusing!

a&a's mom...yeah, I can never get enough of them!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home