Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Of Zidane, house-warming and water babes

A rojak entry, this is.

I watched the game but what really kept me awake was what Zidane did, that subsequantly sent him off the game. I love it when games dragged to penalties shootout, anyway I didn't really watch the whole thing, (with 3 kids now, I value my sleep more), so no favourite team this time.

This comes a little late.

A friend volunteered to throw a house-warning party. Actually it was just an excuse to get together. It has been awhile since the last time we'd seen each other.

I was a bit freaked out as I was not really prepared for it but the idea to catch up with my girlfriends, and the idea to get a small playgroup for the kids was just awesome.

So, I just did it, the next day after the kitchen was fixed, and with an advice that I should just do minimal washing in the sink.

Mom taught me to always prepare food for guests, despite the idea to have pot-luck. I'm so glad for the slow-cooker, a gift for our wedding. I copied a recipe from 5xmom, but I used coke as it was first suggested by a member in MMB. Too bad I was too busy to take photos of the food.

We stayed in the house just to have quick chat and some bites, and later adjourned to the pool. Kids had fun while adults cathing up.

It was Bea3's first pool experience.



Since not many residents move in the apartments yet, we had the wading pool all for ourselves. Never thought that a house-warming party turned to be so 'cool'




It was really a great time.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss our get together event again...

12:21 PM  
Blogger Yoong Family said...

i'm usually quite anti-social, but somehow i love housewarmings. actually i love new houses... :)

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.. looks like great fun :-)
Could you take a pic of your new kitchen? i'm curious :-)

2:21 AM  
Blogger LindaMunshi said...

Bestnya ur wading pool...and due to the heat these days...that pic of urs makes me wanna jump in & join the kids..lol

Yalah Ros...I 'm also curious to see how ur kitchen turned out..;)

2:56 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Next time, sofhib...next time;)

Simon...yeah, I love new houses too. Always tak malu to ask friends to visit when they just move in.

lillian...thanks for visiting. The kitchen is not really complete yet, I will surely post the pic.

sarah's mummy...yes, love the pool as even Bea3 loves to crawl around in it.
Will post the pic of the kitchen when it's complete, ok;)

6:01 PM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

kahkahkah, I thot I dah nyanyuk. 'Cos I thot i saw my name up there and eh, I tak pernah read this post yet.

Eheh, your kids dah besar lah...How long I haven't seen them ya?

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home