Monday, July 09, 2007

Updates on response from Ikea

Ninuk would like to know about further reponse from Ikea about the
shattered dining table, think those who have commented earlier would too.

I received another email from them, saying that they like to make arrangement to collect the table for inspection. Hey, I thought they would come out with something like that (though part of me didn't really put too much hope), and I waited and have not thrown the glasses yet. We keep it in a box. But they didn't really say the wanted the glass, I mean most probably people would throw the glass right away, and what would be left is only the frame.
Called my DIY-guy-wannabe hubby, he said he still wanted the frame. To me, it is already an eyesore and quietly I wished to get rid of it. Anyway, I convinced him that it is just "menyemak".

And the best part is, as an act of goodwill (that's the words), they will give us a voucher (of course to be spent at Ikea) of RM200. Hubby just agreed but I have not replied to them. Now, the price of the table was RM399, I assumed the replacement only covers the top, plus the 'traumatic' experience we had when the glass shattered, should I ask more?

Hehe, I'm kidding only la.

Anyway, after considering that we will have a little boy soon in the house, and think we were given enough warning on how a boy can be more boisterous than girl, hubby suggested something tough that would not topple or shatter, for a new table, and it must be able to accomodate the still-growing family;). Something like a Bjursta...I'm drooling already!











Pic taken from here.

But it is way of our budget, and hubby suggested we decide after the baby's out;), so the wait for a new dining table continues. In the meantime, the girls fully utilise the kid's table, and the parents continue to have TV dinner/lunch/breakfast.

9 Comments:

Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Has your table GOT to be from Ikea? I am sure there are lots of sturdy tables at good prices elsewhere - and just as good- looking too. Of course, I am no Ikea fan - it's too way out for me :P

But I am impressed they're willing to give you a rebate ... kalau kedai furniture lain, tak ada chancelah, kan?

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah that was really nice of ikea to reimburse you, i can't imagine any local furniture shop doing that.

9:53 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

QOTH...I was expecting that question, but YES it must be from Ikea. Seriously, here I just can't fine an alternative, either the design is lousy or it is a lot more expensive. That's from an self-confessed Ikea freak! But now, I can imagine your taste sikit-sikit;), from my other non-ikean friends;).

That's why Simon...I love Ikea, and they are true to their kitchen 10-year warranty too, see the flat box behind the girls, that's replacement for our kitchen tops...and no, I don't get paid by writing this.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened to your kitchem tops? Hmmmm, thought RM200 was stingy of them but I guess is still better than nothing. yes, get the classic wooden ones, its a 15-20 year investment (for us at least, maybe till the end of our days, hehe), so still worth it. Agree Ikea is by far cheaper for its quality and design.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that bea 3? No more baby already? she can handle her own food? OMGosh, such a cutie pie and kids grow up so fast! o ya, B was saying the reason why we are ikea freaks is because we are economy shoppers, can't afford the more exp ones!

10:43 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Mrs B...like I told you it just shattered and sent pieces of glass everywhere. Scroll down a bit if you want to know the detail.
Ya la, should have bought wooden one, but I just thought glass is just easiest to clean and no need tablecloth one.
Yes, that's her...so fast, right? She insists to eat on her own now like the sisters. Headache is for mama to clean up afterwards, and look at the amount of food she's having...the same as Bea1 already!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought you meant the kitchen cabinet top, got me worried cos we just got their kitchen cabinet too.

look at her, she's just going for her food! Good for her, a hungry baby makes a happier mama, no?

3:45 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

mrs b...I might have said 'kithen top' to you that day, being a bit nervous that I might smell 'french toast' haha...anyway, hey I thought B gave me an advise not to get a to from Ikea, maybe you bought the new solid top they have now...but it is too pricey for our budget. And trust me, Ikea is true to their 10-yr warranty...anything tak puas hati, complain aje, wokeh?

All my girls generally like that...they eat! It's in the gene, I guess...from the father!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

our table's deeply discounted from this closing down shop, think its teak, heavy.
o, i know your table crumbled. i thot i read somewhere in your new post of your kitchen tops being replaced as well, so i thought your kit cab top also gave way as well, hehe, ignore me, speed mis-reading.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home