Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Two new and one not-so-new recipes

Weekday food is normally the same ole easy stuffs (or since the doc's advise to get a lot of rest now, pizza or McD deliveries...hehe). I dare not having food going down the drain after a hard and long day at work. Who would want it, anyway;). And weekend is the only time to try new recipes. One Friday afternoon many weeks ago, I browsed through some blogs while my mind was trying to figure out what to cook during the weekend. And thanks to these two of my favourite blogs, I came out with this...tada...Butter prawn from QOTH and some vege+mushroom dish from 5xmom that she got from zewt .

But still I had my eggs in tiny lumps form, not fibrous like the one I normally see. Would really appreciate it if someone can point out what went wrong. By the way it tasted better than the one I had in Lumut which also with the lumpy texture, and we spent RM40 for half a kilo. Mine cost me around RM20;)
And this is not a new recipe already. Been eating it since I got to know mother-in-law. And I eat it a lot more during this pregnancy. Sup Kepala Ikan Merah, it is.
I'm sure everyone knows how to cook it, but in case some of you are like me hehe. Saute garlic, ginger and fennel seeds. To get more flavour you may want to grind the fennel with pestle and mortar a bit, and to reduce the fish smell, add some pepper. Add water, and fish, salt and finally chopped spring onion and parsley...yumm.
The other two recipes are given in the links.

5 Comments:

Blogger zewt said...

since i have been eating instant noodles non stop... those food certainly looks enticing...

i think i am hungry again...

10:19 PM  
Blogger butterflutter said...

Ahhhh soup kepala ikan merah...sedapnya dgn nasi putih panas2. Balik ni kena pegi cari kepala ikan merah lah nampaknya :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

You got me salivating at the thought and sight of Sup Kepala Ikan Merah. Sometimes I add a bit of chicken stock to make it taste better (I try to buy the one without MSG). You're not the only one whose butter prawns ended up with lumpy egg ... I am sure there's an unrevealed secret to making it perfect!! Sharelah when you find out.

4:57 PM  
Blogger asiangard said...

I craved shrimps a lot when I was pregnant! Mmmm it looks sooooo yummy!!
I have four kids too!

6:23 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Thanks zewt.

BF...I'm sure yours is good too, if not better;)

QOTH...yes sure, now I think I really want to dig out more to find out.

asiangarden...thanks for visiting. 4 kids, I'm sure I can learn a lot from you...will check out ur blog soon.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home