Friday, October 10, 2008

How long does the pregnancy hormones stay in your system after a miscarriage?

It never occured to me that I'd be asking that question. I thought I had moved on after the miscarriage, I felt grateful that everything was fine and I had found a nice place to bury the demised embryo.

I thought I'd just wait for 3 cycles of periods (as advised) before trying again. After Bea2, babies came as pleasant surprises but this time, maybe due to the loss, the feeling to have a newborn baby in my arms became greater. Maybe it's a natural thing, right?

Period came on 3rd Sept., just minutes before Iftar (buka puasa) but I was excited. Two more to go, I thought!

I waited, and waited....and on last Sunday I had little brownish stain. I was alarmed, it looked like the same thing I had in the UK, when I was not aware that I was already pregnant.

On Monday, in the toilet I was thinking it could not be, it should not be, it was not possible as I saw the second line slowly appeared on the stick!

Hubby said it was only a blur line, I knew someone was so in denial. My worst worry was "Could I still have 'leftover' from the miscarriage?".

And of course I looked for information on the net. Followed by visit to the hospital on Tuesday. Was told that a doc could only see me the next day. I went to a private gynea, scan showed nothing much, but thickened endometrium, had a second positive urine test. The doc. said it was very unlikely that I still have 'leftover' from the miscarriage as I had my period already. He said bloodtest would give us more clue but told him I would do it at UMMC to save some money.

I asked him to write a report for me to bring to the other doc. I was waiting outside his room when he called me in again, with a huge grin he said his funny hunch told him that it was a new pregnancy, looking at the period date and the thicken endometrium. It's just normal that at this stage, not much can be seen. He asked "Is it possible you're pregnant?" that rang "Have you been having unprotected sex (while you shouldn't have)?" to me. I just muttered "Well, we thought we were very, very careful...". He asked me to call him after getting the bloodtest result.

So very nice the doctor...love him!

There goes RM160 that day for not being patient to wait for another day.

On Wednesday, the second doc also said nothing much could be seen, but she said her first impression was it's an early pregnancy. Third positive result and blood taken and result was out on Friday. Beta hCG counts looked normal for this stage. Had to endure another prick to hopefully see it doubled in that two days, the way it should be for a healthy pregnancy.


The result will be out tomorrow. If I do not sound too excited, it is because I'm not really excited. I can't help it, with the same sympton (the discharge) I'm just too worried it would end up as another heartbreak. Docs do not seem to care much about it, and yes we know that it is common to have that during early pregnancy.

I have not shouted to the world yet, ok maybe 4 friends (you know who you are;)), mom, one sister (who may already passed it around the family) and this entry in this blog. Yeah...I thought I should wait after the 12th week to even open my mouth, it is just me!

While looking through the net, I read more about molar pregnancy...I thought I might be at a risk. And I thought since we were very careful, it does not involve a swimmer;). I was wrong...a molar pregnancy also needs a sperm, but due to abnormal cell division, no fetus is developed.

I'm still wondering..."How'd that happened?". Someone said I was just made for breeding...;).

I pray I will have a smooth pregnancy, we will be blessed with another healthy baby soon!

And I'm glad if I get you to be excited with this news...and please, scrol down and read what I wrote about my new oven and see some Raya pics. I took ages to finish that!

Thanks for reading! Have a good and productive week ahead!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes ..u did get me excited ..but I am going to keep my cool .....:P Born to breed???? Looks like it ...:)
I pray that everything will be fine this time around ..... Take care, Ros ...

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROS! I AM SO EXCITED, OK? I will wait with bated breath.

And not wanting to post again, I am envious of the HUGE baking tray of yours, and the oven. The cookies are so pretty too.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Mumsgather said...

This is very exciting news indeed. I hope that you will have a smooth pregnancy and remember to take extra care of yourself. :) I wish I can bake. Its a really fun activity to do with the kids! :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger mjey said...

Prayin gall goes well..take care.

4:13 PM  
Blogger chanelwong said...

sooo happy for you n pray for a healthy baby...

4:42 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

See Lyza...told you I'd catch up (of having a baby in 2009;). Thanks.

Lil...thanks! You're with me through 5 pregnancies by now, right?

MG..what do you mean you wish you can bake? I only make simple things only la...and yes the kids enjoyed it so much.

mjey and chanel...thanks girls, comforting words like these make me calmer.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ros, the cookies looks delish! Shall pray for you that all goes well for this pregnancy & take care.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow congratulations!

You are so bless to have 5 children! Take care ya!

Your cookies make my saliva keep drooling lar....LOL

3:51 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

a&a's mom...and it they tasted good too! Thanks

jesslyn...thanks, about the cookies, I'm happy they turned out ok but I love to think that the fun the kids had is more important, right?

4:03 PM  
Blogger Rayhana said...

Assalaamu'alaykum :)

Mashaa Allaah! may He grant you an uneventful pregnancy and another blessing in your life, ameen :)

I just had a miscarriage myself - it was quite an experience... anyway, do we really have to wait 3 cycles before trying again? I'm worried but anxious..!

Will pray that everything goes well, inshaa Allaah.

8:17 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Hi rayhana...surprised to see you here.
I'm sorry about your loss. The docs didn't say anything worrying about this new pregnancy. So I figured it is ok but we may want to be sure that our body is back to normal, I mean womb is empty from the previous miscarriage etc.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous how long is pregnancy said...

great posts,thank you

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home