Friday, September 16, 2005

Counting down to D-Day (Part 1)

Delivery Day, that is! I'm due on the 14th Oct. but think it will be earlier.

I was having Braxton Hicks yesterday. At 9.00 pm, in the bed, I tried not to be bothered by browsing the new Ikea catalogue, papa22beas was hooked on CivilisationII and the girls doing their bussines in the living!

I dozed off on and off, woke up at 11.30 pm and saw both girls were still awake but all nice and clean in their pyjamas. Papa was still on Civilisation!

Me: It is way past bedtime, shut it off and let the girls sleep.
Papa: *silent*

Contractions on and off, mild but enough to make me unconfortable

Me: I'm having contractions

Papa: Ya? *silent*

Me: It is quite regular! What if it is tonight, the floor needs mopping, I got a class tomorrow and, and ...I have not shop for the baby!
Papa: *silent*

A manja pregnant woman started to feel that she had been neglected by the husband


Me: *Got really irritated, raised voice* Abe, what if it is tonight?

Papa: *eyes still fixed on the screen* Abe standby la ni...but make sure it is for real. Got water coming out already?

Me: It is not necesserily the water?

Papa: *eyes still on the damn Civilisation* Check la got DILUTE or not!

Me: *It is DILATE la, you *$%^&#*...(and before doing anything dramatic and tragic like throwing that laptop out the window, I chose to calm myself down and went to the bathroom).

I stayed in the bathroom for a good 1/2 hour, and thought how I had wasted RM160 for the antenatal classes that we both attended 4 years ago! Feeling better, I tiptoed to the room. It was silence, Bea1 was asleep in the big bed, so as Bea2 but she was beside her papa on the toddler's bed (that was supposed to be Bea1's). They looked adorable, but papa was still on the game!

This morning, on the way to work:

Me: It is dilate la...not dilute
Papa: I know la...just testing you
Me: It was not funny, ok!
Papa: *smile*

The contraction is gone, and I'm back to my usual self. The class is done, and I have a long list of "what-to-do-before-the-arrival-of-the-new-baby". Hope I can start off with the shopping;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Cherry said...

better buat cepat-cepat jagnan tak buat. kang terkeluar tercepat kan saja kalam kelibut :)
OK OK OK I am not helping you huh ! Just adding to the tension ...

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first time I met you, you just gave birth to Bea1, then now your 3rd one is on the way (very soon), you speeding kah ni? LOL...
take care.

10:40 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Ninuk...ya, ya tengah buat la ni! Baru habis check-up, think ok lagi la...still got time!

Maria...yes, definitely. I'm planning to have the 4th one in 2 years time. Age is catching up la...

2:11 PM  
Blogger Mumsgather said...

Wow! How time flies. Only yesterday, you were talking about a third. Its an exciting time, yes? Forgive Papa22beas. Its the 3rd. He's so experienced now, don't even bat an eyelid huh? Hahaha. And yes that civ 3 game ah.... very the addictive. Mr MG oso hooked on it.

4:07 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

mumsgather..experienced he may be, but for both girls, in the beginning memang cool...when I was in real labor, I had to calm him down;)

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

time flies very fast. feel like yesterday i kpc to help you to calculate your due date. then today i read you already having Braxton Hicks.

9:05 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

sofhib...yeah, me too...can't believe it I'll be a mom to 3 very soon.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home