Monday, August 22, 2005

Why another apartment?

Since we signed up for the purchase of the new apartment almost 3 years ago, I've been really looking forward to moving days. Sometimes I think, I'm a bit obsessive about it. Whenever I do some shopping around that area, I must drive there to just look on the progress. I've been dreaming (with an Ikea catalogue in my hand, off course) on how it will look like for the past 3 years. And reading the excitement that Adam is having furnishing his new apartment (and he loves Ikea, too!) triggered me to blog this.

When my mom got to know about the new buy, she was shocked and asked "rumah tinggi (apartment) lagi????". I have friends who are happily staying in landed homes having doubts on our decision.
Lrong is happy to have some space soon, and
Ninuk was contemplating to upgrade to a bigger space.

With the third baby is arriving soon, and a plan to have at least another 2;), why on earth we chose a not-even-1000sq-feet (but almost) apartment. That's because, it is all that we can afford, 5 km radius from my office! And yes, I hate the traffic and if it is possible, I want to move in today!

We had our doubt, too as we never planned to make such a commitment. We thought, as the family grows bigger we would get a landed property. Thought we just took a look at the launch, but we kind of got a bit frenzy there as units were selling fast and before we knew it, papa22beas was signing a check for the booking for the cheapest unit we could get.

For weeks after that, I was really worried and was contemplating to cancel the purchase, but after the loan was approved, we just went ahead. Soon after that, another new apartment was launched at around the same area. We took a look, off course it is more exclusive and for the same space, the price is doubled. So, we felt kind of relieved.

And I'd just love to continue having a babysitter and schools near my office, so that I can see them at least during my lunchbreak. So that means, the kids have to travel with me. Now, with this short distance, hopefully less time travelling! What I love more about it is the walking-distance-with-covered-walkway LRT station!

As for the small space, think we have to go more for Ikea space-saving idea;).

And I must add this, I just can't stop ranting about our new apartment and my boss found out about it and she was just interested. I brought her to the developer's office, and after a few more trips there, she was lucky to get a unit from only 3 left. Also like me, she spent sleepless nights over it, but she said she also had enough of the traffic! And last week we were there again for her to sign up the purchase. Hers is about 300sq feet bigger but 100k more expensive! Now, got my boss as neighbour! Dunno if it is good or not but so far, so good!

From the highway while dring to work this morning, I could see they have removed almost all the scaffolding...that means it really is going to be soon! It will be about the same time as the new baby! Simply can't wait!

10 Comments:

Blogger Dilip Mutum said...

It's really funny because we went through almost identical experiences. We actually just went to have a look and the salesman convinced us to go for it. We were lucky as prices went up by nearly Rm10K one month after that.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Waah, congrats... must be exciting lah... am renovating our kitchen at the moment as well... but no IKEA shop here...

10:13 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Hi Adam...lucky you, the developer 'encouraged' my boss to sign up by saying just in a month or two, the status will change to completed property, and surely the price will be different. And it really worked!

Thanks lrong and congrats to you too...but still envy you for the persimmon tree;(

12:48 PM  
Blogger Dilip Mutum said...

Linking you up to my blog. Hope you don't mind. ;-)

12:15 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Not at all, Adam and thank you...hopefully we will share notes on furnishing our new apartments;)

4:43 PM  
Blogger domesticgoddess said...

hey, am so eager to see how you furnish your new place! post the photos ya?

4:20 PM  
Blogger Buaya69 said...

haiyor, i have yet to blog about our recent ikea sale adventure. all becoz of you lar! finally cannot tahan gatal-gatal, made two trips summore! but very happy with the purchases, thanks ;)

11:18 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

domesticgoddess...sure, sure but no idea la how long to complete the whole thing to make it an Ikea showhouse. Bit by bit la...money is the factor here;).

belacan...wah, two trips..see, I know mana buleh tahan wan! Dun wan to do impulse buying konon. Anyway, happy for you too, blog about it fast and put some pics, and want to look at your new daybed also!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

pssssttt ... we cancel-sure cancel the 2nd landed property purchase proposal. now on to planb, may be buy an apartment area wangsa maju, so near to Ayah's office and then we move to the other side of town then i quit this "fun-enjoyable" job i'm having in Kelana Jaya and may be i will stay-home for a few years ... ha ha ha planb then planc then pland ... entahlah - just entertaining Ayah's mabuk kepayang w/ property purchase

6:51 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Wow...stay home, that's a bold move! But that would be great! Good luck.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home