Friday, August 26, 2005

Superwoman wannabe is also an astronaut wannabe

If you have read this and this and a lot of other articles in the daily newspaper, you should be aware of the progress on the search for the first Malaysian to go to space.

And at this instance, I'm one of those shortlisted from the 894 contenders. Some of my online friends are also my supportes *ahem, ahem*. What I'm going to write may be a spoiler to some of them especially to 5xmom, lrong and some of my friends in MMB. But at this instance, it is still too early for me to quit!

About 2 weeks ago, I received another notification that the first fitness test would be a 3.5km run in 20 minutes (earlier story can be found here). My first thought was "piece of cake, kacang only..." and then suddenly, I got to my sense and started counting "Oh o...I will be 33 weeks pregnant on the 3rd Sept. 2005".

Off course, I though of letting it go but after having a discussion with my (equally crazy) husband, we think we should just go ahead. Reasons:

1. At 32 weeks pregnant now and baby developing well, I just gained some kilos to get my ideal weight. Just did a check-up on Monday, baby now 1.8 kilo and all the other tests showed I'm just fine!

2. They did remind us that we should be fit enough to run, but they NEVER mention that preganant woman is not allowed;)

3. 5-10 applicants that will be shortlisted from the fitness and medical test on that 2 saturdays will be only be in Russia for further evaluation in January. I will be done with my confinement and most probably be a lot 'fitter';).

That's the decision for the moment. We will run with a stopwatch this weekend. I will come back with some updates on Monday. Yes, we are two crazy people but we will make sure that no harm will be done to the baby;).

And if we make a decision to turn up on Saturday, Sept 3, the worst case scenario that I can think of are as follow:

1. I will be a laughing stock, and immediately without much words be asked to 'bungkus'. Surely, I will leave but with pride!

2. Most probably, there will be a bunch of journalists. I may get their attention. "A pregnant woman is among the astronout wannabe" ...that's what I can thik of. I will try to run as fast as I can from the paparazzi *ahem, ahem*. And if they manage to get me, I will just get my chin up and say "no comment" (ok, mama22beas...stop, that!).

By the way, I just talked to 1 of 2 friends who also applied. He is out already. Still trying to get the other one!

More updates on Monday morning!

7 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Wah sei! I'll usually give this kind of news a pass. But now, since "my friend" is IN, I must look out for the news ler!!!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Buaya69 said...

wah, must alert The Star to interview you, hehehe ;)

11:43 AM  
Blogger mjey said...

I must agree you are crazy!!! But I am proud of your crazinesslah women!! Good Luck..will look out the papers for you!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Shamira said...

Couldnt believe it when manju mentioned it to me. Oh my god! its actually true. You are actually going to do this. Hats off and Good Luck !

3:17 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Hi guys...didn't I mention that the post might be a spoiler?

Well looking at the way they did it in terengganu on last Saturday, it further dampen my spirit. It was like a marathon. Hubby is afraid that I get knocked down pulak

Annie...news like this should not be passed wan!

belacan...only if I turn up and also only if I can finish on time;)

laramommi, mjey and shamira...thanks, but like I mention earlier, slim chances la.

laramommi...did not know you also keep a blog, will check it out!

12:17 PM  
Blogger domesticgoddess said...

eh eh... haven't check here for a while now see this pulak! heh! congrats for being one of the selected few :)

3:04 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

oh wow ! i also saw the news about the selection ... really you are a wonder ... good luck and stay safe !

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home