Friday, June 09, 2006

Pak Cik who does not move

Many amusing moments happen in our daily car rides with the girls, and that makes trips to and fro home/babysitter's enjoyable.

This is only one example. Recently, there is advertisement placed near a condo area that we pass everyday to go to the babysitter's. It is a man, sitting on a chair holding a huge board.

First time Bea1 saw it, she yelled to me that she saw a "Pak Cik" holding a huge "paper". When she kept seeing it everyday, and the "Pak Cik" does not seem to move at all, she might suspect something was just not right.

I asked if she wanted to go near him, she said she was scared;).

Yesterday, due to heavy rain and winds, that thing fall to the ground. Upon seeing that, I could not help myself, I laughed hard...but Bea1 was not in the car, I just imagined what she would say if she saw that pak cik fall on the ground but still didn't move.

I should not be blogging now, but I think this one deserve a blog;).

This morning, before sending her off to school, we made a stop there to take pics. The security guard must has put it back into position. Asked if she wanted to see "Pak Cik" behind the board, she said she was scared and rather saw the pic.


So, this what we see from the car
02050004

And this behind the board
02050003

Upon seeing that, Bea1 was finally satisfied. The "pak cik" actually has no body and no face. No wonder he does not move at all;).

8 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

So she was scared of something that was not really there. Oh the poor child. Now, she has nothing to be scared of.

4:18 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Yes Friday's...the pic makes a difference to her!

6:33 PM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

Hahaha, before I see the pic, I also couldn't figure out how Bea1 can be confused, I thot a flat piece of board. Now, that I see it is not a flat billboard, it does look spooky, that pak cik.

12:36 PM  
Blogger shoppingmum said...

huh? Now advertisement becomes so creative ya? But why the man has to wear pants in different colours? No wonder your girl's afraid of him... Me too not feeling good looking at the "man".

12:03 AM  
Blogger David said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noticed the unusual sign yesterday when I went to pick up some stuff from my sister's place. It caught my attention alright.

1:39 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Lil & shoppingmum...I was also curious as what it looked like behind the board. That's why taking the lil efford to stop by the road and take pics. Think not only my girl got scared;)

Adam...it was Bea1 who spotted it first, but after that, I could not help it...I just staed to figure out out what was behind it!

6:33 PM  
Blogger hoteliermom said...

Ha ha , I live where this "pakcik" sits everyday and first time they put it up I was just as curious on what was behind the board...

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home