Thursday, March 08, 2007

How'd you do it?

That's the most frequent question thrown to me lately. Especially when people get to know about the new pregnancy. And in the circle of people working in the same field, when they get to know about the newly-approved research grant and another pending one. And I'm still maidless, by choice though;). Well, the cloth dryer is a life-saver, and we could not really be bothered with unfolded laundry.

But normally, I would simply say "I just do it!" Hehe just like the Nike slogan.

But I blog this, just to give an example of how I take one day at a time and what a wonderful husband I have.

Yesterday, I was totally running around, up and down a few stair cases, had a test for the student, on my feet most of the time on my 2-inch heels. A professor said that I didn't look good to him, and asked if I was having a morning sickness. I said "Noooo, not at all...I'm just very busy, that's all" and laughed.

After work, more walking to the Pasar Malam, but I thought to myself, I would not be cooking. I could if I forced myself, but that one Kelantanese stall is just so good. Everybody in the family likes the food.

After dinner, I was totally konked out by 9.30 pm. But on and off I was disturbed by Bea3 searching nen-nen, followed by Bea2, who asked to be pat, and later for nen-nen. A few times, I tried to wake up, as I just dumped everything that I bought in the sink. Opened my eyes a few times to the sound of jumping, laughing, squeeling kids. Later, with half-opened eyes, in then a dark room I saw Bea3 in another pyjama, hubby reading the Yassin with a torchlight, with all 3 kids surrounding him, I could tell they were having 'fun' without me.

After that, it was just quiet except for Bea2 trying to have a conversation with me. I talked to her about school, think in my sleep I asked her to go to sleep. I said I would wake up to cook "Bubur jagung". I was serious about that, but my body just refused.

I finally woke up at 3 am, went to the kitchen and found all fish, squids, vege and fruits in the fridge already. And the trash had been brought out. Smiling, I crawled back to the warm and nice bed. That Bubur jagung can wait!

No Peter and Jane, and Iqra for Bea1 last night, not much singing with Bea2 and talking with hubby but I woke up refreshed and ready to take another day. I actually was singing when ironing hubby's shirt. And tonight, it is back to our routine. Sup Kepala Ikan Merah for dinner, followed by Bubur jagung and the usual stuffs we do.

That's how I (or we) do it;) . Think I should scrap the words "superwoman wannabe" in my profile, don't think it fits me.


Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Looks like you're doing fine ... so who needs a maid when the husband helps out wonderfully and the whole family can give and take some :-) Sometimes, you'll just need to let yourself rest and everything else can wait ....

p.s. the bit about reading in the dark with a torchlight is just too sweet! You've got a lovely family, Ros.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous fazila said...

ah hah! so the secret is out...waking up at wee hours of morning...if only i am strong enough to do that - so addicted to sleep ( especially now that am sleep deprived with 2 month old who is a night stalker). am looking to you for inspiration on how to manage home and kids and work - and still be a sane mum ( cant imagine you going crazy with your lovely girls)

12:55 PM  
Blogger butterflutter said...

I guess the most important thing is to be able to decide when things can just wait. When I feel so tired I just went to the bedroom with all the children.They play and I took a nap :)

fyi I am no longer in efx2 (ofis I block) so I am now here...

4:47 PM  
Blogger Haariz's Mommy said...

if there's a mom idol reality show,i'll vote for you!!

hows pregnancy? I'll be 20 weeks in few more days & so 'lembik' this time..

5:00 PM  
Blogger D said...

superwoman wannabe? It's SUPERWOMAN indeed!! Who tailors your suit??

8:32 PM  
Anonymous a&a'smom said...

This is indeed a good post. That shows that we need help esp from our spouses & cant be doing everything ourselves.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Mama22Beas said...

Queen, I agree with you;). But sometimes funny that I and hubby don't seem to get mad/tired/pooped out at the same time. If one shut off her/his system early than usual, one must be able to at least call the Pizza delivery for example;).
I think somehow, someway we would adjust ourselves to any situation.

fazila...please la, I'm embarrassed. Need me to blog on how I can loose my temper? Seriously, I love waking up at night to the quiet house, yup of course later suffer from lack of sleep but I would try to catch up.

BF...think at my kids age, don't really think I can do that. They would yell to go out, and once they filled the tent with tumeric powder and flour the moment I doze off. I lock myself in only when hubby is around.

haariz's mommy...thanks for asking, I'm 20 week and I could not be better. Seriously, pregnancy does not make any difference (in term of symptons etc) except for a bulging tummy;)

d...thanks but come to my house la, see for urself me superwoman or not.

a&a's mom...yes, indeed. And the desicion not to get a live-in maid is also mutual. So, we have to be persistent.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous fella mama said...

Hi- no maid means you are the TRUE superwoman!Congrats on the boy- life will be very different- my 4 girls adore their youngest brother though...although you get more tired chasing after him! All that repressed testosterone!All the best and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home