Friday, February 09, 2007

Kicking baby and hoping for some rain.


I just did what I like most at the moment yesterday, the second scan at the new baby.
With all the 3 Beas, I sensed movement at around 14 weeks. Same wriggling kind of movement. But for this one, think I felt it as early as 12 weeks. I could be imagining, but I still get the same feel even this morning. It is different, it's more like poking or kicking.

Yesterday, I saw more. First we saw both hands at the sides, then we went to the legs, and when moved the back to the head, the baby moved both hands up to the head.
It looks a bit cramp in there already. From the side we could see the mouth, and nose clearly now. Beautiful.

I only have only two pants that I can buttom up. A few days ago, I tried putting on the maternity pants and hubby yelled "NOOOOOOOO...." as I would really look ridiculous as it is still too large. This is the period that I hate. A little too big for normal pants, but too small for maternity. I felt comfortable wearing only near the 7th month.

Anyway, I'm going for a day-trip to Ipoh on Monday. Won't be seeing the girls during lunchtime. We were supposed to really watch the monsoon rain that day, but the timing was just not right.

We are collecting dripwater from the stalagmites in caves. I got a bit worry about the warning for coming drought and started to pray for some rain. Well, it just did and I'm happy. I hope it rained in Ipoh too. The water should be retained a while in the limestone before reaching stalagmites. Hope will be able to catch something in this few weeks. There is drip even without rain, but the rate can be too slow.

After that, another day-trip also to Ipoh on Thursday. Friday night we will cabut to to Kedah, my work is in Padang Terap but we will be staying in Sungai Petani after reading some bad reviews of hotel in Alor Setar. This time, of course with the whole locomotive in tow. We may make a detour to Penang...can't wait!

Have a great weekend everyone, and take care!

7 Comments:

Blogger D said...

I started sooner that you so i've stopped having kids (for now). You, on the other hand, are catching up real fast!! Take care with that little B in the tummy!!

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really??? penang??? err, are u too bz for a meet up with a penang fan?? *puppy-eye plea*

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bea4!! Chak!! Moving so early eh? I bet Bea4 will be one active baby when he/she is born.

1:40 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That was a fabulous picture of your upcoming baby. It is amazing how modern technology does wonders. Now parents enjoy pictures of their not born child.
Just dropping by to say hello.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Juliah & Faridah said...

hi mamabeas,
i'm in my 15th week..(due 5 aug) and had my scan too yesterday :)
cakap pasal baju maternity, yep, too big now..but baju lain dah tak muat :P pants jgn cakap la..mmg tak boleh nak pakai except for the very longgar ones..

5:48 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

d, to me and hubby.., we get carried away haha. Alhmadulillah, I'm still healthy and active, no morning sickness at all, still can go to the field at 8th month. Financially, we believe Allah will provide;). And so far we have not really decided on the number of kids.

Ohhh Anne, that's very sweet of you. I love Penang and I'd love to meet up Penang moomies too but the chance is rather slim now. I just got an offer to do some studies on G. Keriang and someone is already meeting me there, after my work in Padang Terap.
If we want a longer trip, we are at the mercy of my parents-in-law to come down to KL to look after my BIL (who is sick), and we decided it is not fair for them. We will have to bring BIL back and come back on Sunday night as he got appointment for treatment on Monday.
Now, all we got is only 2 days...*sigh* sometimes I just forget how hectic our lives are.

ajab booboo...that's what the father said too. I can't imagine a kid who is more active than the 3 Beas. Better get myself prepared.

friday's child....so nice of you to drop by. Ah, I can only afford the normal scan, wish I can do the 3D ;). But at this moment, it's good to get pics as hubby now rarely can follow me to the check-ups. At least he has some ideas by looking at pics.

5:58 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

harriz's mommy...you too!!! And we are so close. Sometimes I think some of those maternity pants are just useless on skinny me. I mean spending a lot on something to wear for two months.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home