Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Simple easy peasy homemade dinner idea, the Ikean way!

If you have not notice already, I have confessed that I'm officially an Ikea freak.


Anyway, we would never pay RM5.90 for an open face shrimp sandwitch again;). It does not look as nice but tastes almost the same. Well I heard the shrimp is from Norway, ours is normally from Selat Melaka, caught by father-in-law.

I also just learned the difference between shrimp and prawn. The size. In that case we call ours, open face prawn sandwitch. And yes, there is half of hard-boiled egg under the mayoinasse.

It's proven...we all love it! 6 pieces gone in a snap. Squeeze the lemon, roll it a bit with your hand, don't bother the knife and fork, perfect for TV dinner.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cherry said...

Shrimp remind me of Forest Gump. Prawn remind me of sambal udang.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wanna to try this too. #1 love prawn & this is yummy snack for her

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think at the moment can get medium size prawn at a cheap price nearly everywhere. Just had homemade fish & chips to congratulate Afiq.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daddy says sandwiches are not meant to be eaten with fork and knife. Just use hands and dig in! That sandwich looks simple but tasty! Yummmm ....

5:56 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Ohhh...Ninuk I love Forest Gump. Love is like a box of chocolate, you'd never know what you'd get...is it from that movie?

sofhib...use wholemeal bread, it is more filling, I think.

BF...yes, but the peeling part can be painful. That's why choose to have larger prawns;)

ajab booboo...agree with ur daddy. But at Ikea cafe, malu ah to do that!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home