Thursday, March 15, 2007

Petua awet muda

Well, firstly I don't know how to translate it in English but they are some practise by the old folks and then inherited to the young ones, to keep one stays youthful. No, it does not involve magical potion, just some things you do in everyday life to 'delay' the signs of aging.

I've been doing some, not as much as I was younger. I'm just sharing, but I have no idea if they work. I do cause they just suit me. But before that, for many years, everywhere I go people said I look younger than my age. I was mistaken as a first year student while I was doing my PhD. I went to the UK when I was 28, but my flatmate thought I was 16. He then laughed his head off when I admitted (proudly) that I was still a virgin, well that's another story. He was a nice guy and we got along well. Even now, people still think I'm a student. Well, it could only be the way I carry myself, the way I behave etc.

Anyway, here are some of the petua. You may have heard about them, or are practising them

1. Ice is a no-no
I don't really like ice in my drinks. I would have a sharp uncomfortable feeling at the side of my head. Been avoiding for many years till I got married. I didn't like spicy food, but I got influenced by hubby and now I can tolerate a little cold drink, to eliminate some strong spicy taste on my tongue. Maybe with only one or two cubes ice.
You know Aida Rahim (now Radzwill), the actress. She mentioned she did not take ice, I used to like her and to me she is 'hot'. Can you believe she is in her 50s now.

2. No drinks right after meal or while eating
Been doing this since I was a teenager. The reason is, I'm a big eater. And when I eat a lot, top it up later with drinks I just feel bloated. I wait for at least half an hour.
A little bit of change now. When I started dating and eat out a lot, it sound a bit weird when I said I didn't want any drink. After a while, I just gave up, ordered and drank only a bit.
And I used to eat very slowly, so as soon as kids came into the picture, that's history. Sometimes, no time to chew, swallow right away and I need water to wash the food down. You know what I mean. But I still find it uncomfortable and avoid drinking right away whenever I got the chance.
Well, anyway, this is not exactly for youthful look but for flat tummy. Well, I always have flat tummy even after 3rd child. To me, it is only logical that thin people come with flat tummy. But some friends insist, it is not necesserily so.
Don't ask me if the above works as I just don't know.

3. No pillow under the head
I just didn't need one. I love pillows around my arms and legs, at my back but not under the head. That also changed after marriage. Having a sleep partner, I love snuggle close to him, my head either on his chest or his arm.
I heard from a friend's father, who swore that it was his secret. And he really looked young and smart to me.

4. No fruit right after meal
People tend to have fruits as dessert. I read somewhere to get the most out of fruits (important for youthful look, so they say), we should not eat right away after heavy meals especially if they come with a lot of carbo. Something to do with the reaction in the different type of sugar. I don't know the detail. They said the best is around an hour before or after the meal.
I love juicy fruits, and for the same reason as Number 2, I don't take fruit right away too.

That's all I can think of now. Again, don't know if they work. Just sharing.

And no, I won't put up a pic here, for you to decide if I really look young for my age. Anyway, I always think the kids and hubby, too sometimes can add up wrinkles on my face faster now.

Thanks for reading;). I should be working, really!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Another petua would be not to play golf in the hot sun. Hahaha. I think that did me in. Cannot be saved anymore :(

12:05 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

hey Lian, think we noticed it already...they all come with a no *sigh*

4:12 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

waduhhh anda akan sentiasa jelita bagaikan Aida Rahim-turn-to-Radzwill. makcik tu memang jelita eventhough dah bercucu !

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that if u r petite u will always look young compared to a bigger built person.I also believe that exercising & eating healthy will naturally make you look younger.

10:49 PM  
Blogger D said...

looking young? People are always surprised to hear that I have 4 kids, and they think I married young!!! You're spot on with all the petuas but must also remember that you need a happy heart and a clear mind. Enjoy life while we still can, eh?

4:12 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Ninuk...I ni takde la minat ngan artis M'si tapi makcik sorang tu I suka la, anggun sentiasa.

a&a's mom...but then, some say thin/smaller people tend to get wrinkles faster.

d...you too? I'm ok when people don't even believe I'm a mom but yang tak tahan tu, puas we talk about our work tetiba, dia tanya "You buat Master or PhD?" Why, because they think I look young...I know la people at my age ni ramai tengah buat PhD, tapi sometimes I think they don't really listen to what I explain.
Ops...yes, of course a happy heart and clear mind help too;)

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

avoiding ice is the best solution, also important for the 'peranakan'. other tips i think would be wear mask as a routine, eat honey and jamu...

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Produk Awet Muda - Anti Aging & HGH
InsyaAllah, memang berkesan jika rajin & konsisten amalkan petua-petua orang tua-tua. Lebih-lebih lg jika amalkan sunnah-sunnah Rasulullah saw, coz baginda merupakan tokoh awet muda yg terbaik dlm sejarah.

Bagi yg sibuk & tidak sempat utk amalkan semua petua-petua awet muda, boleh gunakan Produk Istimewa di Kedah2U yg telah terbukti memberikan kesan awet muda yg hebat. Hanya 1 produk sj utk semua kesan awet muda seperti :
- Menghilangkan kedut
- Mencerahkan kulit muka & badan
- Mengembalikan seri pada wajah
- Merawat keguguran rambut
- Gantikan uban dgn rambut hitam
- Merawat pelbagai penyakit kronik
& macam-macam lagi

Maklumat lanjut ttg produk AWET MUDA ini boleh didapati di www.kedah2u.com

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home