Thursday, October 04, 2007

I do it the hard way

Intro: I will participate in two conferences in Langkawi in Nov. I was 'forced' to present something in the first one, a national conference, while the second is an international one. Earlier I thought I would only take either one, but after weighing pros and cons, I decided to attend both. They are back-to-back. The first one takes one day, the other three days: 2 days of lectures and one day fieldtrip (that I can let go) in between. Earlier, we plan to make it a family trip, a holiday for hubby and the kids. But later I found out, we may need to make another trip just days earlier, later hubby found out he just couldn't take leave days from his work. End of intro

Now, the challenge is how do I it without having separated from the kids during the nights. Earlier I thought, hubby could drive us there, return to KL by flight, I take the hotel babysitting services and hubby fly again to fetch us. After a lot of thinking, that would cost us a bomb, plus I have no experience with hotel babysitting. Then, last night while getting Adel to sleep, I just had an idea and ran to hubby who was napping, snuggled up close to him and here's the conversation:

Me: Abe, I just got an idea!
Him: Huh?
Me: I take the first MAS flight for the first conference and return in the evening
Him:*silence*

Me: Abe, listen la...the next day, I again take the first MAS flight again...I will check if I have the allocation for all the trips, I will book a return flight throught the uni for the conference. But I will also get a return Langkawi-KL ticket from Airasia with my money. So, I will fly back with Airasia, take a day off, and fly back to Langkawi, early morning the next day and return to KL in the evening. I just pray Airasia won't be delayed. And I pray morning sessions will be, instead. Ok or not?
*I thought he was not listening but....*
Him: You can't do that (that is crazy, woman!)
Me: Yes, I can...sure I can
Him: No, no...
Me: Yes, yes....

And today, after a few calls...I'm pretty sure it can be done. The only thing now is to stock up more on expressed milk...if you are here, you can see me smiling ear to ear!
Will do anything to have this guy close to me esp. at nights!

5 Comments:

Blogger nuhaafnan said...

you crazy woman, you!

eh, aunty takut la tgk adel pose mcm tu!

1:38 PM  
Blogger chanelwong said...

mummy's sacrifice...
your boy is cute lar...

2:16 PM  
Blogger bluewonder said...

if u can pull this one thru...I salute u.

Gd luck

5:00 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Aunty Anne...tu Adel nak tunjuk garang tu, asyik kena cucuk/cubit je!

chanelwaong...I don't call this a sacrifice, just somethin I got to do, so that I won't be missing them much.

bluewonder...thanks we will see, we will!

8:16 AM  
Blogger butterflutter said...

Ha..ha...nampak crazy but it can be done. I know how you feel. I've done a few day trips. Pegi Kuching pun day trip. Penat yes but hati senang, itu lagi penting.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home