Friday, August 03, 2007

We finally have a name!

Told hubby many weeks ago that I was just happy with Adam. He said it didn't sound nice when combined with his name. He said he already had one name, and I almost screamed when I first heard it and I tried not to talk about the baby's name and postponed it till after the birth.
To me, as long as a name has a good meaning, it does not matter with the origin. I always love Beatrisya, and planned to name my first daughter with that. So that was easy for Bea1. We didn't prepare anything for Bea2 but on the first day after birth, he walked into the ward and announced his second daughter's name: Beasyara. I felt like jumping off the bed and kissing him sweetly for making my life easy. I just love the name. We didn't plan to have a trend but it just happened. As for Beanisha, it was a headache as we were kind of a little tight up with the trend. Had a name registered but hubby had it changed. With a lot of phone calls to some friends, we finally came out with it. We thought it is unique, we never heard it before but what a surprise, hubby found it in the mailing list of the company he used to work with.
That's why I was a bit relieved to have a boy, a reason to break the trend:).
And it is ok to name my kids after someone significant, like great-great-great-grandfather or some famous scientists, noble prize winners but I try to avoid actress or singers and certainly not Osama ;).
Ok back to the baby's name, hubby insisted that he had the name already and mentioned it again in the labour room right after the birth. I thought he was not serious and just playing a long trick on me. At the same time, he just looked serious. Told that to the nurse, and what a loud laugh I heard from her.
Friends started making a joke about it, and one of them said she hoped hubby was not serious.
We received more funny remarks from my family and I started to feel that I might need to threaten hubby if he was really serious about it.
Alhamdulillah, things changed yesterday just before he left for KL. We talked for a few hours, made a few calls, did some research and finally we came out with something that I fell in love the first time I heard


So, my wonderful readers...again I introduce our new bundle of joy...









Adel Rayyan!!

Nice or not? Adel is justice, and Rayyan is said to be the name of one of the doors to heaven. Also a district in Qatar. And it is the name of one famous Hafiz.
Now, I don't know what to call him, I love both Adel and Rayyan, Adel Rayyan would be too long but still shorter compared to Emily Elizabeth (of Clifford the Big Red Dog);). We will see.

To avoid chuckles and more funny remarks, I decided not to disclose the earlier name, I consider the case closed as hubby just made the registration this afternoon. And if somebody asks, what if we have another girl(s) in the future, I'd say we will worry about that later;).

This is what I do when I have nothing much to do, I ramble. I hope tomorrow I will come backwith more bloggable material.
Thanks for reading anyway!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ros, congratulations on the baby ... He is just adorable! And I love the name (my elder son's name is Adil Muzaffar). Very curious about the earlier name which you rejected, though, hehe. Rest well and enjoy the baby!

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ros

Congratulations!! Beautiful name ... beautiful baby ... Alhamdulillah. Take care, Ros

5:13 AM  
Blogger bluewonder said...

Congrats on the newborn. A beautiful name for a beautiful baby.

7:08 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

QOTH..thanks, and you have 'Adil" too;). Will let you know the earlier name soon!

Lyza...thanks, wonder if your blog is active now.

bluewonder...thanks, a peek at your blog tells me you're a mom of 5...banyak i boleh belajar nanti ya!

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Adel Rayyan

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you pronounce it? as in "adele" or adil? nice, me think its pronounced like adele ryan?

11:07 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Hi Auntie sofhib;)

mrs b...yeah, we tried adil rayyan but still it kind of flows better with adele ryan, kan? And I'm pretty sure people announce the Hafiz name as Adele Ryan too.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home