Friday, August 03, 2007

Introducing my new baby....




Born at 1850, 27.07.2007 and weighs 2.97 kg. First two pics show first few minutes after birth. The 3rd, the first tear I saw and the 4th, he is ready to go home. Isn't he beautiful, look at the nose...gorgeous,isn't he. Ok, ok enough of that!

And now the birth story....
I'd been getting intense but irregular pain in the evenings the whole of last week. Didn't really bother me. We were late on Friday morning, and hubby in a way to avoid going to work seriously asked me if I had the pain. I had very mild but a bit regular. Today is THE day, he announced.
We sent the kids to the babysitter, went to my office to settle the last few things, had a HUGE breakfast and reached the hospital at 11am. But the pain just dissapeared.

Asked to be checked, anyway. I was 2 cm dilated. Without the pain I thought I better went back to the office but my doc just said a firm "no". Anyway, we actually were influenced by the nice date for our boy's birthday;). The ward was full and the put us right away in a labour room.

12.30 pm, the doc broke the water. Still could make a joke about it, and no pain till 3 pm. I brought my notebook in the anticipation to blog in the hospital, but hubby spent his time playing around with the camera in it, we were in our usual jovial mood when no one else was there and took some pics of funny faces.

4 pm came the drip. The nurse wanted to give me the pethidine right away, I refused as I just wanted to talk and I know I'm not proud of the way I behave under its influence. Got myself ready for some real pain. Got a bit serious, and talked to hubby about another way people give birth that I just knew was hypno-birthing, on how at one time I wished I could give it a try and why I thought I had to let it go. He talked about pharoahs and egyptian civilisation, related them to some surahs in the Quran...that's my husband;).

5pm the pain came, 5.30 I wished I could go to sleep and wake up when it was over. I hate the pain, but I don't exactly remember. You know the hormone, oxitocyn the one that people call love hormone. It works well on me, I don't recall the pain until the very moment I'm in labour again. Asked for the pethidine.

All I remember, after that the pain came hard without no rest in between. It was just different, the next thing was the urge to push and hubby was trying hard to cover my mouth with the gas mask (told him to do that earlier, I don't want to be too loud of course;)).
I remember the doc asked me to push gently, and I heard she said "Alhamdulillah..." just after the head was out, that was enough to calm me. Then, a loud wail and a "PLOP" on my tummy. He calmed down right after being covered, I was too busy looking at my beautiful baby, on how he looked exactly like Bea3 and thanking Allah over and over. And then suddenly, I saw his bird and let out a giggle...he is really a BOY;).
He is a really calm baby, maybe he is just so used to the chaos even when he was still in utero. Or maybe because besides us, he was also greeted with surah Al-Kahfi that was being played in the labour room. That is familiar to him as hubby played that a lot during my pregnancy.
It was a smooth delivery after all, and again I thank you for all the wishes. I'm now at my kampung, doing confinement. With a lot of things being taken care of, think I will have a lot of time to blog, now that I have the access. Watch out for more...hehe!

17 Comments:

Blogger Shamira said...

Congrats Ros,

Wow! No 4 huh! he has such rosy lips.

have good rest.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Yatie said...

Ros,
tahniah ye...

happy for you, rasa macam nak beranak lagi le...

anyway apa nama baby baru tuh??? B______?

mesti hansem nanti besar cos hidung dia and he looks fair

1:13 PM  
Blogger mjey said...

Congrats....it is really a boy ha!!! He looks beautiful...All the best.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

once again, congrats...alhamdulillah everything went well. enjoy your pampering confinement time. :)

7:20 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Thanks Shamira!

Yatie...apa tunggu lagi?

mjey...yeah, really excited to have the first boy.

Thanks fuzzy...pampering yes, but I'm bored. Mom would not even let me get a glass of water myself!

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! very cute!

11:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

CONGRATULATION TO YOU and Adel Rayyan is so cute. Mesti manja sangat ni nanti sbb mama & papa dia dah lama inginkan baby boy..BTW, i pun baru deliver last 2/8/2007 at 12.41am, my 4th, a baby boy too.
Another blogger yang jugak tgh menanti hari ialah Haariz's Mommy, dah give birth atau belum ye?

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! What a handsome babe!

11:06 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Thanks Simon and a&a's mom!

Thanks for dropping by prettiemommie...you too? How exciting. And yes, been thinking about haariz's mommy...must visit her blog real soon.

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats again Ros. He is beautiful, isn't he? Not the usual initial ugly baby look. :)

11:03 AM  
Blogger WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Congrats. Rest well yah.

2:28 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

mrs b...Is there such thing as usual initial uly baby look? Er..maybe yes, I'd love to see one!

wmd...thanks, at the moment ok la can rest as mom takes care of everything...lepas ni tak tau la.

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, they are usually all wrinkled up pretty badly in the first few days, hehe.

10:58 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

mrs b...ok now, got what you meant, now that reminds me of Bea1 right after birth...hehe!

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear, I missed it again! congratulations mama24beas! alhamdulillah, adel has arrived!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation! Great moment XD

Sweet name...pls take great care and smile always :D

7:42 AM  
Blogger KittyCat said...

Congratulations! Little Adel looks very cute and yeah, such rosy lips ;-) Will come over more often to read how things in your super six family now!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home