Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Seeing a little bud makes a difference!

The first doc. I saw (for this pregnancy), the ob/gynea at the private clinic said thicken endometrium could be a good sign of very early pregnancy, the second doc (at UMMC) said it was thicken but not like in a pregnnacy.

Then came the bloodtest result. The first one on Friday has a count of 947 (can't remember in what unit they use) of beta hCG. That looks good. Too high it could be a molar pregnancy, too low ectopic or the onset of a miscarriage. That's what I'd been told. Anyway, from my reading we can't really rely on the counts but rather on how it increases. At this stage it should double in two days or so.

Yesterday, the reading was 2479 and that was good. Either too slow increase or high jump may indicate problems.

During all 5 previous pregnancies, I never did beta hCG test and now I'm learning new things!
Though I was a bit relieved when I looked at the numbers, I can't really explain how I felt when I first saw the bud.

The doc took some time to locate it, and she was saying that we might have to try it transvaginally (which I hate) when she suddenly went "There you are....!".
That little 5 mm in diameter bud put a smile on my face. The more canggih machine at my gynea clinic would show more, and I can keep a copy of the image but at this stage, I'd just stick to UMMC

The doc later explain, the sac normally can be seen at 1500 counts. No wonder we didn't see anything last week.
A lot of times, I wish I could just do away with hospital visits but learning about these little significat details keep my mind occupied.

Not wanting me to have high hope, maybe, the doc said at this stage she could not confirm if it is a viable pregnancy. I really don't mind that as actually by then I was chirping like a happy bird already. I parked at the highest floor of the building but yet I pressed the 'down' buttom on the lift. Could not really take my mind off that!

I remember my colleague said "Take it easy (with work)...", many people said "Take care of yourself...". Now I really ponder on that words, sometimes to me they are just nice words to be blurted out, I tend to forget what all the caring people really mean. I must really take care of myself, I keep reminding myself now. Can't really get over with what I put myself through during the last one, when I didn't know I was preggie.

Anyway, will have another appointment in two weeks, I will be almost 8 weeks. Hoping to see heartbeats so badly;).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) ...I am chirping along with you .... :))

2:40 AM  
Blogger zan said...

i'm so happy for you :)

take care and don't bake too much heheh...

12:11 PM  
Blogger Moo Mummy said...

First thing to do ... stop bf to Adam. Take care.

9:47 PM  
Blogger cre8tone said...

Good dr is really crucial... :)
Take care

8:41 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

lyza...I can hear you!

zan...yeap, try to relax as much as I can.

moo mommy...you just ask me to do the hardest thing;)

little prince's mummy...yup, but I just can't afford him at the moment;).

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home