Monday, May 25, 2009

Excited over cheesecake

For the past few sundays, I kept myself busy when Adel napped with a few cheesecake recipes.

When I first saw the pic of Bull's eye cheesecake, I fell in love and tried making it right away. The first recipe is from thelazychef, second from the creator of the Bull's eye pattern and tired of rich cheesecake I tried a light one from here

With the first recipe, I omitted the blueberry topping but mixed melted choc in half of the batter. I felt so excited that the thick and non-stiff texture of cheesecake batter made it possible to create the bull's eye pattern when you pour cream and choc mixture alternately.

I had the infamous crack on the surface, according to the expect due to overbaking. Also patches of dark spots, but still happy with the look. It also turned out to be too sour, that's why the blueberry topping was suggested there.
This how it looks after being sliced, from the side

Tried the second recipe, the batter turned out to be more runny and feeling more adventurous I tried to make thinner line on my pattern. Still didn't get the perfect pattern but I still love the look after it was sliced. The taste is also better (judging from the servings hubby had, and he does not really like rich cake), and no more crack.

Feeling more adventurous, I thought of making the bull's eyes in tiny cupcakes, with some pink colours since I have 3 girly girls. But this time using the light cheesecake recipe. Got no colouring at home, used Ribena and it turned out to be pale purple. With the addition of beaten eggwhites, the batter was more stiff, so no bull's eyes created for this one. But to compensate that, I decorated with some butterflies. It was a hit among the kids.

Tried again using the first recipe (as I found it most suitable to create the bull's eye pattern), in bigger solo cups. The choc mixture turned out to be too thick, and since the cups are a bit deep, it was just hard to get nice pattern but at least the girls got excited with the colours.

Tired of the pattern, I finally decided to bake the simpler light one, with some blueberry topping. Of all the recipes, I love this one the most and will bring some to the office to share with the colleagues.


I baked the cake in water bath as suggested, it is said to be a way not to get crack but I still got one. Think the water was not deep enough.
For the rich cake, the expert says cake is done when you don't see it shiny on the surface already and the batter no longer jiggly. I managed to avoid that the second time around. But think it does not apply for the light one as the batter is different, in this case more stiff with the addition of beaten eggwhites. That makes it lighter and fluffy, anyway.

Nah...this is for you. Enjoy!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUMMY! It must be delicious...nak sket..


k e

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, next time bila I drop by @ your pad, buat ye. --sofhib

4:15 PM  
Anonymous lyza said...

Wow .... momma has been very very bz ... Semua nampak yummy ... Dah lama dah tak buat cheese cake ... Adalah lebih 10 tahun kut ... Nak tunggu oven baru agaknya ...!!! :)

6:06 AM  
Blogger LindaMunshi said...

I want a piece! Yum!

5:40 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

K e...datang opis!

Sure sofhib...bagi I notice dulu.

Lyza...beli oven baru tu, sokongan padu dari I.

Linda...wish I can courier it to you!

3:43 AM  
Blogger Alina Grace said...

Wow!! It looks soooo..o.oooo yummy and you know what??? I'm a cheese cake freak!!!

Wished I had more time to bake and cook....

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home