Saturday, June 06, 2009

Sunny side up baby!

I have everything ready to keep me occupied in the hospital...laptop, broadband, a camera, the baby;)...but hubby has forgotten the cable and jakun me does not know where to jolok the camera memory no pics at the moment still.

But I must tell is gorgeous, and a fighter too. That's what the pead told me, in a way to say that we have a heathy baby, Alhamdulillah.

But first...where were we?

Ok...the contraction that I had was constantly 10-min apart till about 6 am, and I was 5 cm dilated. Wheeled to the labour room.

If you think what happened this far is dramatic, wait till you read the whole birth story.

Around 7 am, even with tolerable short contraction I was dilated to 7 cm. I thought 5th baby kacang aje la...or maybe I was having mild contraction for a few days that my body was slowly preparing for the birth. I was calm and just recited prayers and doa.

Ob came for a while and said it was such a good timing, as she would be flying for a holiday in the evening. I just joked good timing for her, not really for me.

The nurse urged me to push whenever I felt it. 7.30 I was already 8 cm and started doing the pushing. Pain became more intense. She kept telling me I didn't push right and was not helping the baby. Then she pressed a certain area down there and asked me to push specifically on that area (that's what the instruction sound to me) but she pressed so hard that it was too painful that I could not concentrate on my pushing. That happened several times and I started to behave my worst.

8.15 am and she said baby didn't budge with all my pushing. I told her to just get the vacuum. She said baby was still too high so it was not possible. She stopped pressuring me and asked me to wait till 8.30.

No progress and I told her to get the doctor. I retaliated to the situation by just screaming at every contraction, I was no longer a cool soon-to-be-5th-time mom, I felt so frustrated, I was tired of pushing too much only to be told I was not doing it right. I never experinced something like this. I hated looking at hubby too.

The moment I saw the doc, I felt a bit relieved. Just upon a glimpse she said baby's face was facing up (that's why sunny side up), his head collided with my lower backbone (don't know the specific name) so he would not go down without some help no matter how hard I push.

She used the vacuum to turn his head while encouraging me to push. I thought it was never ending, I almost cried, I begged the doc to just make it fast but I co-operated by gathering all my strength to give the push that they all wanted.

The pushing ended at 9.19 when my baby was finally 'released'. I just felt so relieved and was a bit shocked with the new experience.

Doc mentioned later it that happens to first-time mom, she would easily end up with a c-sec.

While I thought it was all over, doc asked the nurse to give me the laughing gas as she said my womb contracted quite fast after delivary and now my placenta got stuck inside pulak. She has to 'dig' manually to make sure the womb was empty. Hate it but I kept looking at the baby throughout the whole process and that helped a lot.

I was just so exhausted but managed to get baby to latch on for an hour. I tried to get some sleep while hubby fetched the kids from the babysitter. He decided to balik kampung just after getting the kids see me for a while.

It was a short and sweet reunion. Bea3 made a joke by shifting my shirt to look at the baby (as she always did) and said "Baby dah takde!" as she knew the baby in the basinet was the one from mama's tummy. Adel looked a bit surprised but happy to see me.

I was a little worried that hubby only had a little rest but they safely arrived around 4pm. From two calls, I got the indication that kids are having so much fun and everything should be alright.

My parents, sisters, bros, in-laws came to visit. Mom will stay for a week at my place. I hope hubby will get enough rest. They will be back tomorrow and with mom around, we will somehow get the help to quickly settle down. In the meantime I will just enjoy being alone with my sunny side up baby and take as much rest as possible.

I reflected on how I behaved while welcoming my baby to the world, and was not really proud of it. Anyway, it is an undescribable feeling when it was over. I just love looking at hubby saying the adzan and iqamat at baby's ears, I thought I was floating in the air. Or maybe it's the laughing gas;)

Enough for now...thanks for all congratulatory smses. Be back with hopefully pics;)


Anonymous lyza said...

My my my ..what drama ....:)

What did u mean by serik ???? Another one planned already ke? ....

11:28 AM  
Blogger Wannabe Supermom said...

Yeay! Congrats on becoming a 5xmom! They say the first and fifth is always the hardest but u did it! Wishing u a speedy recovery :)

3:04 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Lyza...noooooo, cuma mana la tau kot ada lagi I definitely don't want to go thru that kid of labour!

Linda, now I get wonder hosp like UMMC only take the 1st and the 5th onwards. I got no warning at all...but a colleague said better no warning, nanti I behaved lagi teruk;)

4:46 AM  
Blogger hoteliermom said...

Congratulations Ros! You know I was just thinking about you and wondering if you gave birth...must admit dah lama tak melawat your blog!


2:08 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Thanks Anita...oh gosh, it's been ages too since the last I was at your blog. Frankly I miss moms of MMB a lot!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home