Thursday, September 29, 2005

RM102 for 15 minutes fun

It is very, very expensive by my standard but I have two little kids and a husband to entertain on a Sunday!

I'm talking about Aquaria KLCC. Me and hubby had been to a similar underwater experience in Osaka in 2001, and to me once in a lifetime was enough already. It was expensive, anyway and I'd rather just relax and watch the National Geographic. But off course, things changed when you have kids. They didn't ask for it but we parents would come with some excuses!

After reading along's encounter with it, I thought we would never go there so soon, especially not during weekend. I've been avoiding KLCC during weekend like a plague, anyway but after reading Maria's, I thought it sounded more interesting!

We were there at about 12.30 pm. Bea1 was happy to be carried in a backpack carrier by papa all the way, while Bea2 in the stroller. A long queu as expected at the ticket counter, but they were fast. In barely 5 minutes, hubby got the tickets and met us at the waiting area that is provided for families that I just love!

And the new adventure began. It was a huge crowd there but I still could stroll comfortably through them. Some parts, Bea2 asked to be carried to get a better view. I was more interested to look at the expressions on my girls' faces. We moved quite fast but the girls seemed to be ok with the pace. Besides the huge cylinder, they loved the tunnel so much. I would never forget the excitement of their faces looking at sharks just swam over their heads! And Bea1's remark over seeing the seahorse the first time. She never knew that seahorse is that small (just like me;))!

To me, the aquaria is just too small but hubby insisted that the size is about the same as the one in Osaka. We've never been to Singapore's Underwater world, so can't compare.

We were done in 15 minutes. Had lunch at the Kenny Roger's just outside the aquaria, not so crowded as I expected and it was a rather peaceful lunch. I calculated the 'damage'. RM38 for 2 adults, and RM26 for kids over 3 years old equals to RM102. We concluded that it was expensive, but still the look on my kids' faces is priceless!

And off course, we will go again. Hubby said when Bea2 is a bit older and hopefully, by then she will enjoy it more but to me, I seriously think that she really did enjoy it. It's just that she did not know how to express it like her big sis!

No photo was taken as hubby strictly followed the rules but I saw people were happily snapping away!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seing the reviews, we will visit it sometime, but after we get our mykads and mykids!

5:07 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

mrs b...yes, yes, a great idea, it will be worth more that way. Ours are ready but have not collected yet. We just could not wait..maybe for the next visit!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Only 15 minutes and you're done? Now I'm wondering if I should go. 4 kids + me + husband = big damage! definitely will wait till we have our mykads ready, itu pun, kalau nak pergi juga.
Interesting blog you have .... and good luck for the delivery, may it be an easy one.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like you said, the expression on the kids' face are priceless :).
I'll will bring the girls there again after year end school holiday.
to me the worth the price, just like the Zoo, how many tiem we will visit in one year?

9:27 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

queenofthehouse...thanks for dropping by here. I've taken a peek at your blog, interesting and now got another addition to my blog roll;)!
Yes, think better till you get the Mykads.
And thanks for the wishes...though this is my 3rd one, it is just too overwhelming!

Wow Maria, end of school holiday...that's fast but think the urge to have the same experience with your kids is the drive here! Have fun, and blog it, ok!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Mumsgather said...

mama22beas, next time you go, you will be bringing your third, and fourth and fifth? hehehe.

3:30 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Ya la mumsgather...better equipped with a good plan ya like dat!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Dilip Mutum said...

If you ever go to Langkawai, do visit Underwater World Langkawi. Much better than the one in KLCC and definitley takes morethan 15 minutes to cover RM18 for adults and RM10 for children.

7:45 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Thanks humblewarrior for dropping by here. Haha..never thought that stock market can be like that, thanks for the reminder!

Adam...I forgot to mention about Langkawi. We just passed the place as that time got no kids yet, and thought the one in Osaka is better. Didn't know that it is that cheap, thanks! Have a plan to go to Langkawi in Dec, will check it out! Thanks.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home