Thursday, September 22, 2005

A Thirty Year-Saga

Nobody tagged me for this one but I've seen a few bloggers put up their interesting 30 years of their lives, and I thought I just love it (though may not be as interesting!)

1985: 20 years ago

13 years old and my parents sent me to boarding school. I hated it. Got my two elder sisters there too but that did not help. Both of them were prefects but I was the one who always ended up faced-down in Cikgu Disiplin's room.

1995: 10 years ago

23 years old and supposed to finish my studies in uni but I failed one paper in the first year and had to repeat the whole year. It sucked but I enjoyed my time with my new a-year-younger friends. Commisioned to Second Leutenant (ROTU) by the Agung.

Got little conflict about the choice of music. Used to headbang to Metallica, Sepultura, Sodom and the likes but suddenly Cobain's came into the picture. Succumbed to Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins and the likes.
Tomboyish, a few guys in the uni looked interested (provided that I changed a bit) I was not into it.

Felt like I have the whole world in front of me....

2000: 5 years ago

28 years old and engaged to a guy. Who would have believe it that he was in my class in my second year. I never noticed him till we got introduced again some 5 years later. I've changed a bit from my tomboyish image, one of the reasons he got hooked, I think!

A little bit of searching and I knew what I wanted to do in life and I converted my Masters studies to PhD, though with hiccups, I love every bit of time spent finishing it, with a lot of support from my man.

First trip to UK, stayed in Bristol, worked in McDonald's and washed dishes in a guesthouse while hopping in and off a lab in Uni of Bristol to save my chemical, managed to do a bit of travelling to Western UK, London, Paris and Budapest!

Could not take more separation from my man, got married 3 weeks after returning! Bea1 was conceived 3 months later!

Hey, I did not realised that it might be the busiest year in my life;)

2002: 3 years later

30 years old and a mother of 1. Motherhood changed me a lot. Started writing my thesis. Only finished it end of 2003...yeah, I took a lot of time for that plus my supervisor in the uni retired and I had to chased him around. Tough time but hubby and Bea1 made it easier for me!

2005: This year

33 years old and soon-to-be mother of 3. Started teaching and look forward to more research works! Feeling good about life, will be moving into a new apartment!

2006: Next year

Hopefully able to turn the new apartment into an Ikea showhouse;). I will improve my cooking skill, and I hope to be able to let hubby rests more when he is at home;)

2015: Ten years from now

Will be grateful to Allah for granting me longer life! Hopefully more 'rezeki' to have 2 or 3 more babies. Will continue with my research. Plan to go for the 'haj'!

I'm also not tagging anyone for this one, anyone feeling like doing it, just go ahead and let me know, ok;).

7 Comments:

Blogger Dilip Mutum said...

I have been tagged too but too many things happened and summuarize past 20 years of my life is not easy. ;-)

12:41 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Adam...I've seen yours, too! Ya la...susah to summarise, a lot tertinggal already!

2:06 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Ops...sorry, what I meant was "The 7 things meme", not this one...eh, blog la, wanna see it!

2:07 PM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

mama22beas, You married late compared to me la. I married at 24! Now I think that was young la.

So, in order to audit what I did with my life, I am going to tag myself.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

cik kak, make sure you do a good job in 2006 (the ikea part). nanti kite panggil you make-up our apt kat seri maya (yea yea yea dah confirm buying a condo not the 800K+ landed house) and also the cooking skill fine tuning sessions tu - can call me anytime as food taster :) if you got time, go try my Cuba Teka contest !

3:48 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

5xmom..I thought that was early too as I planned marriage only after 30. Well I was almost 29, then and happy with it as now time to catch up to pop more babies!
I've read yours too. Interesting to know what your plan in another 10 years;) with your EPF!

Ninuk...congrats on the new purchase. So the plan to be SAHM pun jadik la ya. We will try to get the apartment furnished completely in 2006, but tak janji finish or not...money is the factor here la.
As for the cooking, hopefully with less time on the road, can fine tune skill but then, another baby is added in the family...we will see how la..

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

metallica? sepultura? wow, you're my new best friend, minah rocker!!!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home