Thursday, October 13, 2005

Counting Down to D Day (Part 5)

Waiting, waiting....

The womb must be the cosiest place on earth!

Ok, I never thought that this counting down thingy would reach Part 5. But with all the excitement (just like the advertisement makan bola, tidur bola...all I think, see, makan, tidur...it is all about baby!) I just can't think of anything else to blog! So, valued readers (ahem, as if I got many!), please bear with me!

I've never been so prepared in my life before, more on the procrastinating side, even with the two girls. Me and the girls will be staying with my parents during my confinement, right away from the hospital. Lots of things have to be done, everything is checked already plus the add-ons:

1. Carseat
2. Bag to bring to the hospital
3. The girls' and my stuffs are all in boxes
4. The girls' baju raya!
5. Journals/reading materials that need to be read during my long break all photocopied and put in a file, now in the car.
6. Camera ready...been lugging it around since last week!
7. When Monday passed without any sign, I sort of talked to the baby...stay in there for awhile, at least till I got to watch another episode of Dr House;) (mom's house got no Astro!)...he/she complied!
8. Clean and sort the girls' toys in the playroom... tiring job. Did that yesterday, took me almost an hour!
9. Iron hubby's working clothing as much as I can

But still....got dirty laundry (but this one sure always got wan!), the floor needs another round of mopping. Anyway, I can rely on hubby to finish the job once he comes back from mom's! Off course he wants to have his family return to a clean house.

Have been having contractions since Monday, and I left the office as if I will return in 2 months time for the past 3 days. Went for another check-up yesterday, did the CTG and the baby is just fine, dilated 1 cm but the doc. said, just wait till I have the signs or the contractions stronger! Took the afternoon off! Had contraction the whole of the afternoon but forced myself to do chores. Contraction was gone till morning!

Hubby suggested that I just stay home but I was just tired of waiting and decided to come to the office and planned to go the library this afternoon! A bit of discussion in the car, and in a jiffy, we decided to return to my previuos gynea (thought of giving birth in UMMC to save money), as we think we are comfortable with her and the environment. The new IKEA bedroom set can wait;)

Babysitter was so surprised to see me driving!

Went to the toilet just now, and came out of it with a broad smile (even though I know PAIN is waiting for me, the first sight of my new baby stands out more)....I have show! Called my gynea, she said she would have to do a check on me! Hubby will be on his way soon! Mr Always-Cool is now in panicky mode...I just lurveeee that, hehe!

Hopefully this is the last part of Counting Down to D Day!

10 Comments:

Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Woaaaahhhh... three... two... one...

Proooopp...

???

Not yet?

2:45 PM  
Blogger Mumsgather said...

Aiyooo! So exciting!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Good luck, good luck! I hope the next entry will be about the birth :)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Dilip Mutum said...

Interesting. Hope everything goes OK.
My wife is pregnant too. However, its just the beginning and she is going through the nauseous phase.

3:13 PM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

R, oi, R, dah ada show and you can still bercerita panjang and blogging! Happy prroooping ya!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

la kak oooi sempat lagi tu memblog.

eh so can you blog fm yr mom's place nanti. keep us up-to-date OK

12:13 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Thanks everyone...I'm working on to get the pics of the baby downloaded to my bother's pc for the next entry!

lrong...aiyah wish it was easy like counting down like dat!

MG...it was really exciting ...till the real pain comes;)

queenofthehouse...definitely it is about the birth, give me some time!

adam...wow, congrats! Be supportive to her, she needs it!

5xmom and ninuk...I memang macam ni la when I got really excited...hehe see my baby for the first time, nothing can beat that!

12:26 AM  
Blogger domesticgoddess said...

Congrats! can't wait to see the pics! ^_^

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, good for you, in very good sprits, keep it up. wish i can get away for two months now! hehe.

10:44 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Hi DG...just posted the first pic! Thanks.

mrs b...thanks, hey want me to give some hints to Mr B;)

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home