Thursday, January 26, 2006

This day, 4 years ago...

..my Beatrisya was born.

But I have enough of trips down memory lane by now:). Will write about her birthday.

It was Thursday and we have a thousand things to do, but it was also my first baby's birthday. A creative mom got to do what a creative mom does:

1. The previous day afternoon, double parked and ran in the rain to Secret Recipe (for us, no other bakery beat them), got a cake (still wishing that I booked earlier so got some nice decoration or pics 'printed' on it), ran to the office and hide it in the fridge in the pantry. Everything was done while wondering "How do I decorate it?"

2. Sent the other two girls to babysitters', Bea1 to preschool, ran to the office to settle something while hubby had breakfast. Got the cake and still wondering "how do I decorate?".

3. Went to Bea1's school, suddenly ideas pouring in but with just only 4 hours of sleep the night before, sticking those tiny candy at the side of the cake was painstaking and I had little patience. Hands were trembling! All done on the kids' shoes rack.

03040002

4. Brought in the cake, Bea1 was already seated at the chair by the teachers while her friends were eagerly waiting in front of her.

She was delighted and a birthday girl knew just what to do.

03040005

5. A few more snaps (thank God hubby was there), thanked the teachers, kisses to birthday girl and off we went to other chores!
In the car, relieved that one thing was over, I just could not help it. Just feeling proud of myself as the cake looked so nice, especially with the candles. I knew it, I work best under pressure!

03040003

Just received words from the Dean asking why no papers (of research) yet. Started to feel the pressure. It's time to have real work done and yes, I know that I work best under pressure;)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Trisya

3:58 PM  
Blogger geeth said...

Happy Birthday Trisya.

Good job on the cake mum!

4:16 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Thanks sofhib!

Geeta...the teacher asked if I baked the cake. I said "No, no...where got time!".
I really like it, even hubby said it was nice;)

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo, today is trisha b'day ya...pls, give a hot kisses at her cheek on behalf of me...tell her also, one fine day, auntie sh...a.k.a pinkcherry will bring her to pizza hut bangsar...hehe...

5:45 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

The cake looks splendid!! It was worth the effort. Your daughter will remember this for the rest of her life and will pass it on in her later years as a parent too coz children are the best mimics in the world.They copy and repeat what they see around them, and most of what they see is behaviour exhibited by mom and dad.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Bday to your Princess! Decor of cake is excellent.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Wished I had a mum like you when I was a kiddo... Yappee b-day to your jewel... anyway, didn't know that ..."smoke on the water, fire in the sky" was for 'orang tua' only... but then again, I am turning 48 soon...

2:09 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

pinkcherry...thanks and looking forward to that one fine day;)

Thanks Friday's Child...pray that they will only copy the goods;)

a&a's mom...I still wish I can bake a lovely cake like that, too.

lrong...thanks, haha...mom does not even remember our birthdays, orang kampung got no celebration but it does not matter to me.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

mama22beas - mama work better under pressure - same here lah !
happy birthday Bea1 - may you be blessed with Nur & Iman and may your mother be blessed with more pressure - coz she really excell under pressure !

9:56 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Aik Ninuk...perli ke? Now I not only under pressure, menggelabah pun ada.
Thanks for the wishes anyway.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home