Wednesday, February 15, 2006

On being a geologist

One of my first memories that I have since I was a small kid is, people kept saying that I was such a bright child. I got that from parents and siblings, and my parents friends and neighbours. Along with it was, some proud words from my mom, especially that I would be a doctor, a medical doctor. I remember first, I got a bit confused, later I found out that I just hated that. It must be that 2 teeth that sprouted out from my lower gum since I was in mom's womb. Due to that, I was said to be 'bertuah', but why was I supposed to be a doctor, and not some pretty, hot chick that can hook a rich man as a husband;).

To make everyone happy, I thought I should study hard for that. But remember that time in primary school, in one sheet of paper that we supposed to write what our ambition was. I silently put "teacher" cause my father was a teacher and he is my role model.

And I was never bright and hardworking enough to be a doctor. But I love geology.

My mom would never understand it, instead of saving lives, why on earth (by the way, we study the earth;)) do I intentionally get myself dirty, collecting samples either under scortching hot sun or in some dark caves filled with guano.

Anyway, my father is cool about it. He even followed me to some trips.

Imagine once in a while, you get this as your 'office' or lab.
03220004

To me, I enjoy my all sponsored trips, and I got paid for that. Anyway, it is not much but we have comfortable life. And that is only one of many reasons.

That photo is of a depression or 'wang' in Gunung Rapat, taken from Kek Look Tong in Ipoh. I believe it looks better without all the man-made 'decoration'.

Do I ever regret for not working hard enough to be a medical doctor? It never occured to me until the first time I watch Dr House. I have this silly imagination, that he is the kind of doctor I'd love to be. But, too late already lah....

Anyway, to friends, I'm a doctor....Doktor Batu;).

7 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

The pictures reveals peace and quiet.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe...Dr Batu aaa? Don't u remember our trip to Lenggong, stop for our lunch at Tasik Raban where we suap makan dengan seleranya coz the menu was ikan kelah bakar n rendang rusa...aiya...twas the sweet memory...

neway...at least, u got the DR infront of ur name..hehe

6:14 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

And you don't feel that you are actually working, Friday's Child;).
Hey, is that you in the pic?

Pinkcherry...was it really rendang rusa? Gosh, I'd forgotten about that. And it was rainy and cold, but just nice to have ikan bakar by the lake.
Will be having more trips to Lenggong soon. Nak ikut?

4:22 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

Dr Batu tak pe babe ... jangan doktor kepala batu ... ha ha ha ... i was a minah karan for many years ... happy happy ... rezeki halal

7:41 PM  
Blogger zbjernak said...

this is a very beautiful cave
is in iph right
kek lok cave?

something like tht...
hehehe

8:05 AM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

Dr. Rock, you can never be Dr. House 'cos you are too nice! Never. Ever.

9:03 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Ninuk,
Yes, to hubby I'm also Doktor kepala batu. Haha...didn't know that you are minah karan

Yes, zbjernak...Kek Look Tong, my playground!

I'm too nice? Well I think you are too nice too till I read your blog...hehe!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home