Monday, September 25, 2006

That few moments when I didn't feel the pain

I'm still having a severe blogger's block, been blog-hopping without placing comments.
Anyway, think I just write a quick one.

I was having a headache one late night. I could not lie down as the throbbing became worse. Hubby pushed the armchair to the room for me to sleep in, but if I don't lie down, my Bea3 would not sleep too.

It started off as something due to tiredness as I was fasting two days before that. Then it awfully hurt to swallow hard food. In the afternoon, the doc at the clinic said it could be ulcers. He said my pallete was a bit reddish.

The pain went down from the head to my lower jaw, near my molars, then that night spread to the whole of lower jaw and at the back of upper jaw.

It was strange to me and it freaked me real bad.

The paracetamol just didn't work.

At 3 am, hubby decided that we needed a trip to the hospital A&E. He drove around with the sleeping 3 girls while I was crying and pleading the nurses that I really needed some painkillers.

It became worse as the doctor who treated me didn't give any clue of what I was having. My blood pressure, temperature etc were normal. I was the one suggested that the ulcers might have hit some nerves that goes to the head, and comes down to the jaws. He just went "It might be that...", and that was all, he had been working long hours, I guessed trying to cool myself.

At 4.30 am, I got a ponstan jab at my buttock. 5.00 am, I finally dozed off.

Woke up when I realised Bea3 was not by my side. I ran outside and I saw her in the stroller. Hubby was getting all 3 girls ready to be sent to the babysitter.

Told him, Bea3 would need me for the milk but let the 2 girls followed him.

The painkiller worked for about 12 hours, it was a peaceful day with only one baby with me, I missed the others, though. I continued with Ibuprofen and another type of oragel prescribed by the hospital.

And I forced myself to drink more water and stuff myself with food.

I went to the dentist later to confirm if it has anything to do with my teeth. The dentist said not at all, and she said anything cured by the ibuprofen might not be related to the teeth. Toothache needs more powerful painkiller.

I'm ok now, and I learnt a bit from that experience. I wish I have time to do a bit more research on that.

Amidst the awful headache at 3 am, I never knew that anything would bring a smile on my face.

I did some shopping a day earlier, due to the pain I dumped the grocery on the floor and went straight to the room, leaving them for hubby to handle. Later, I found something missing, but didn't really bother to look.

While changing to go the the hospital, I bent down to get my shirt out from the low drawer. I felt the throbbing pain became stronger, but as I pulled it, I just could not help it, for a few moments the pain was gone, and I smiled.

And to add to the list of things placed in odd places, now I have 2 cartons of milk in my clothes drawer;).

(pic was taken later that day)
Certain time, I would go mad looking for missing stuffs but for those moments, I thank them;).

Didn't I say, this is a quick one? I'm sorry, this kind of brought the 'passion' back.

And, Ramadhan Mubarak to all muslim readers!

11 Comments:

Blogger Mumsgather said...

mama22beas,
I'm just popping by to wish you Selamat Berpuasa. Take care of that headache. Hope it doesn't recur. It sounds too painful!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... :) -- i've been reading your blog on and off. am a fellow mum-of-3 academician (albeit at a different uni), and did i once spot the word 'bristol' somewhere in your entry? errr... that's where i buat my phd. errr.. does that mean that we might know one another? :P

9:31 AM  
Blogger Leilanie said...

Selamat berpuasa.

Hope you feel better today....
:)

9:32 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

MG...thanks, cause of that I stopped my fasting but I'm feeling a lot better now. Trying to avoid having ulcers again.

Nutter...I'm SOOOO excited now. Lost contact with a lot of people (esp. Malaysian) that I met there. This can be a little jejak kasih for me. I was there for only a brief 3 months (Sept-Dec) in 2000 but the way I talked about it macam lama sangat *malu*. But I made a lot of friends there. I don't know if our timing is right. I know one lady, she did her PhD with PORIM that time, a mom of 2 boys that time, is that you?. Another is K. Ros a wife to Abang Mohamed, a lecturer in Chemistry Dept. UKM.
Please, answer me back. If it's not you pun, you might know them.
BTW, thanks for reading.

Thanks Leilanie! Selamat berpuasa to you too.

11:52 AM  
Blogger J.A.D said...

that is sooo funny... the pic i mean. memang betul2 the last place u expect to find milk...

5:09 PM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

kesiannnnnn.....Hope u r all ok now.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mama22beas (or really, it should be mama23beas now kan? ;))

numero uno, i DO know the two 'kakaks' that you mentioned above... :)

we never did bump into one another kat bristol tuh unfortunately... (knew that you existed tho'... -- you are the one yg selalu lepaque kat hawthorns dgn mun tuh kan? hehehe...).

at any rate, if you wanna contact anyone yg bristol-based dulu... insyaAllah i know where to find them.. :) -- u can email me at che_nah-at-yahoo.com... :)

11:13 AM  
Blogger WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Hope you are feeling better and is able to find out the source of the problem.

So cute the pic...i guess those little ones do gives us a reason to smile esp in most unexpected times.

Selamat Berpuasa.

11:32 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Mommy...now with I'd look in the most least expected places. After the long list, hopefully I know already...hehe

Thanks Lil...I'm ok now.

Nutter...I've heard from the others about another 'kakak' there, but never got a chance to meet. It must be you.
And yes, that's me who suka kacau Mun and Abg Mat's wife, normally to tumpang sembahyang there. Besides they were very close to my office/lab.
I'd love to contact them again...never thought that this blog thingy makes that possible.
Thanks...will send you email the soonest.

wmd...thanks, yes they do despite other times driving us up the wall too;)

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear about the mysterious headache & hope u'll recover soon. the last pic is very funny though :)

take care & selamat menjalani ibadah berpuasa

P/s: bea3 is still bfeeding right? at what time do u start feeling hungry, ah? me, at 12 pm!

3:34 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Thanks raggedyanne...hey, even Bea2 is still bfg. Tandem-nurse Bea1+Bea2 not this challenging as Bea1 didn't really drink after she turned 2, but now I'm producinf for two.
I started puasa today only;)...hungry starts at 10 am lagi, but so far so good, Alhamdulillah...but hubby forced me to get some sort of supplemtary drinks...takut jadi that sort of ulcers lagi, due to dehydration.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home