Friday, October 20, 2006

Raya rambling - a must-have;)


If I want to be practical, I should not get only 3 hours of sleep last night, slaving myself over some pineapple tarts. I should just buy them, they are everywhere at this time of the year. But I chose to be sentimental.

All my 10 siblings, 4 brother-in-law, 1 sister-in-law and 23 nieces and nephews will gather at my kampung. My parents will celebrate in Mecca, that's what they would always want. We will miss them but we will carry on as usual.

As for myself, hubby will only have 2 days off. He will even work tomorrow, that sucks but I won't dwell much on it. So, we will be only going back to his kampung.

That's why I want everybody back home to have a little bit piece of me, to let them feel my love through my pineapple tarts. I'm not very sure if anyone would miss me, but I miss them already. I was brave when I decided it should be this way, but now as it is getting nearer....ahhh, better not talk about it. But at least I know, one mother, my mother-in-law will be happy to have us. She even subsribed to Astro so that her cucu can watch Playhousedisney.

Anyway, my tarts may look different. I can be really slow, if I use the rolling thingy. I decided to shape it like a pineapple (turned out to be oval, though), but without wasting the bunga cengkih that they use as the 'tangkai'.

The girls' shoes. We let them chose, Bea2 insisted on Tom & Jerry, despite me telling it would not go well with baju kurung. I can see Bea1 is showing her good taste already.

Everthing is almost ready, and I have not this well-prepared before in my life. I just need to get myself a ready-made baju kurung, the taylor could not make it before Raya. Will definitely spend more time baking cookies in the last few days of Ramadhan.

Enough Raya rambling from me. I wish everybody Happy Deepavali, Selamat Hari Raya and happy holidays to all.

Drive safely, I'm sceptical if reducing the speed limit will reduce the accidents, though;).

And thanks for reading!

4 Comments:

Blogger Buaya69 said...

selamat hari raya from the B family ;)

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Selamat Hari Raya from BF and family

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bake pineapple tarts too.

9:17 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Thanks belacan and butterflutter.

sofhib...I bet yours must be better than mine;)

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home