Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A cheque in my mailbox

I got a pleasant surprise yesterday. A cheque in my mailbox.

I was invited to contribute to write an article in a book about breastfeeding. It was many, many months ago. I'm always happy to share with mothers anything on that matter, in any way, anytime. So, I just agreed.

I didn't really know (and expect) that I would get some royalties from the sale, talking about a 'blur sotong' hehe..., but I remember receiving an email asking me for my details.

After that, a total silent and I didn't really think about it.

One day a few months ago, a friend called up, she screamed that she was at the MPH and saw my name as one of the authors of a book.

I took a peek at the book later, it is a good job by a bunch of enthusiastic breastfeeding mothers.

After that, senyap again.

Till yesterday, when I looked at the cheque.

The amount is not much, but I'm surprised with the sales. Not bad at all.

Anyway, I wrote about nursing while pregnant and tandem-nursing.

I tandem-nursed Bea1 and Bea2 till Bea1 turned 4 years old. By this time, Bea3 was already around 3 months old. And yes, for a few months I was a 'milking cow' to all 3 kids. Now, I'm doing it with the younger two.

And yes, I'm a bit crazy but in a good way, I believe *wink*

Thanks ummikusayang and all the mothers for the kind effort to make sure that babies get only the best.

More about tandem nursing can be found at MMB.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cherry said...

i got mine too, but mine do not have the Co stamp. so i've to return it :)

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home