Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'm a 'fruit-peeler'

MWD talks about snacks that she makes for her kid after school, and that inspire me to write too (despite, I should be running to pasar malam, fetch the kids, shooh them to the swimming pool for 1/2 hour and cook for buka puasa...*pengsan*)

Anyway, I cut some fruits, divide them into two little bowls as snacks before mealtimes. I did that a lot at the old place as we always got home late, before dinner. But, even now I'm still doing it.


An orange would stay like this forever unless someone do something. Someone just got to first peel the outer skin, later remove the skin at each 'ulas' (I'm sorry for my limited English, have no idea what people call it), and if it is not seedless, somebody got to remove the seed.

And I'm not doing it for only the kids, but also the father.


And a few days ago, since the girls never tried a red dragonfruit before, I bought one. msau mentioned that it taste better than the white one.


And yes, it tastes better alright. They love it.

I can handle messy kids eating fruits

But the sofa cover was just washed a day before that. I'd have to be more careful the next time I decide on red dragonfruit again;).

I'm sorry if the arrangement of the pics not good, am still having a prob with that.

Selamat Berbuka to all muslims, and hope the non-muslims tumpang enjoy the bazaar Ramadan too;)

I'm out of here!

8 Comments:

Blogger WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

I love dragon fruit but somehow I prefer the white than the red. Usually it is my husband that cuts the fruits in the house...i hate to do that.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I play safe with papayas, honeydews, apples & bananas :)

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeeee... so meticulous; Kena peel orange & de-seed pulak tu. Tabiklah. Kalau I, potong2 ha makanlah dengan skin2 tu! BTW i think the orange ulas is called 'section' kot (anyone care to correct me?)

3:48 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

wmd...that husband of mine is so manja wan, that's what I do to get him eat more fruits. I'd still go for white as the red one is soooo expensive, that day 1 piece was RM4. Kopak le kalau selalu beli...

butterflutter...honeydew and apples work well but not banana and papaya. They would easily get squashed somewhere...urgh!

anne...yeap, meticulous. Kalau tak buat camtu, Bea2 would normally spit those skin. Anyway, I love looking at her enjoying it!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Lrong Lim said...

would love to tumpang enjoy the bazaar Ramadan too...

1:25 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Hey lrong, in maybe another 2 years Ramadhan will be in August. So, if you do your Aug annual balik kampung, you sure can tumpang lah...betul tak?;)

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how you occupied yourself to be superwoman at home and at works.Salute!

Care to share of any supplement you consume to stabilised the energy you have?

11:49 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Jush...haha, I only put a superwoman wannabe in my profile, but I never consider myself as one.
No supplement yet but I think I need some soon. Anyway, I have a job that I love, a supporting husband, the best babysitter, and wonderful kids to get me going;)

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home