Tuesday, November 07, 2006

We were off again

We again had a field/balik kampung trip last weekend.

Day One, Friday

Went out early to beat the traffic. Kids behaved extremely well. Had a long chat with hubby and my sister, who followed us.
Lunch in Gua Musang, while hubby did the Friday prayer.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I know Perak more (due to my studies for PhD) than my own backyard. I think I heard about a new road that connects Gua Musang to Dabong (the thin black line in the map), and tried to get hubby to try it. But we were not adventurous that day and took the normal route to Kuala Krai, and turn at the exit to Dabong, to reach Gua Ikan.

A bit saddened by the place, rubbish are everywhere, and it is obvious that it is not maintained at all. Went in with hubby, while sis keeping an eye on the girls.

A little bit of driving and some trekking would brought us here. Stong waterfall, the highest in South East Asia, but I have never been there *malu, malu*.
Next time, of course.

Kids had a good time playing with cousins that night.


Day Two, Saturday

The girls were excited, knowing that we were going to the airport to fetch my parents who came back from Makkah. I explained that mama got some work to do first. We headed to Jerteh.

In the car, Bea2 protested saying that she wanted the airport. The only airport that she knew is the KLIA, she recognised that we were taking the wrong 'road'. I'm sure she compared the highway to the KLIA and the Machang-Jerteh road. I got to do a bit of explaining, with the help from Bea1.

We found ourselves later in a palm oil estate, asking people for info etc (I won't go detail about my work here;)). It was a bit surprise, that out of nowhere we found this:

And they even have quarters for the staffs, complete with kids' playground there. It is a cool place, at some foothils, with misty (or was it haze?) lush greenery at the back. But it was Saturday, and it was closed. However, we managed to talk to a staff. He said, if they open, he could use the 4WD vehicle to show us around.
I did what I was supposed to do, and we were out that place in the late afternoon.

Finally reached the airport to meet my parents. That night was spent listening to their story, as usual after their return from Makkah. The difference this time we got to hear about the rain.

Kids were happily playing with cousins again.

Day three, Sunday

More stories during breakfast. I would never get enough from mom. She would tell the same story over and over, but with repetition she would go more and more into detail. So, basically I would hear new things everytime.

She packed dates, food, an abaya, a tudung, a jubah for hubby and more and more dates for us.

Went in Felda Chiku 2, to get as closed as possible to the one limestone hill here (again, no detail about my work here;)), went to the office. Talked to a few staffs there, an arrangement was made for my next trip there.

An uneventful journey except for Bea1 had it enough of being strapped, begged to lie down on the bags, at the back.

Reached home at around 10.30 pm. Everybody except me and Bea2 was a bit feverish, but all are ok now.

Another fieldtrip done, and did I mention that I just love incorporating fun with work;). Now, I should start looking for more recipe for date cakes and date cookies, I guess.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are really putting the chevy to good use - mr b has yet to convince me that we need a family mpv :) great job you have too, can work and go outing with the family all at the same time!

6:16 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Yup, but also depends on the location. Luckily we are a bit flexible here, I chose sites that I can always pack the girls and go.
Try get pregnant la, see if it works...it worked to me. That, I'm just kidding, ok;).

6:32 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

i am amazed with you, can bring kids some more and still do work. if me, sure berserabut and got confused tak pasal-pasal.

4:40 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Ninuk...as long as the kids want to follow, I'd bring them. So far, we manage;)

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home