Monday, April 09, 2007

Al Fatihah

My bother-in-law passed away at 1414 today. He was on the ventilator for the past 5 days.

He went away with only me by his side. We were moving around, meeting doctors and relatives. Asked how long he could last, the doctor told me not till tomorrow. Mom-in-law told me a nurse said with that low BP, only 3 hours.

I don't know what prompted me to go in. I was standing there, looking at the monitor. I felt like saying something to him, but I just continued reading some verses from the Quran.

I was there for barely 1 minute when I saw the heart rate went from 34 to 0, then 19, then 0 again. I was still trying to comprehend that, when a nurse walked in and nodded to a doctor who was sitting outside the room.

The doctor then touched my elbow and said she was sorry, my BIL was gone. I've been strong so far, I only cried for my mom-in-law who just lost her son. But I also cried when I related the story of he went away, when I was there to a friend, why me and not someone else, not even mom-in-law. She said he chose to go with me besides him maybe as a way to thank me as I was the one who spent most time with him during his illness.

I can go on and on, but I have to go now. Knowing him, I know he just want us to move on.

Al Fatihah.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, and praying you have space and time to grieve your loss and the strength to go on

6:02 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Innalillahi wainna ilaihi rojioon ...

Ros, I am so sorry for your family's loss. You have been such a pillar of strength to your BIL and the family and I pray that you will continue to be so for the family during this very sad time.

I can understand how you feel being the only one there at his time of passing. Be thankful that at least someone from the family was with him.

I can only offer my condolences and Al-Fatihah. Please be strong.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al-Fatihah to arwah.

8:24 AM  
Blogger knv said...

it's only for the best. because allah plans it so.
take care.

9:49 AM  
Blogger D said...

Condolences from me. May Allah place him in jannah. Be strong, Allah knows best.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The circle of life is mysterious but the fact that you are carrying a life and to have lost one close to you explains that when God sends one angel to earth, He needs one back....our prayers are with your family

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My deepest condolonce to you & your family.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Buaya69 said...

our condolences. but he suffereth no more. God be with him.

8:47 PM  
Blogger WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

My condolences.

3:16 PM  
Blogger nuhaafnan said...

al-fatehah - my deepest condolences to you & your family.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Condolences from our family too.

3:48 PM  
Blogger cysev3n said...

alfatihah & takziah. ....

4:50 PM  
Blogger butterflutter said...

Alfatihah & takziah

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home