Thursday, July 19, 2007

Counting down for Baby Boy (Part 3)- Everything was just too overwhelming!

This post was originally written on the July, 3rd

1. Everyday now, I look at the tickers, and counting down to the new baby's arrival makes me overwhelmed by feelings I can't describe. I remember vividly the feeling when I hung tiny jumpers, booties, mittens etc to dry after the first wash, just before the arrival of Bea1. I had the same feeling with both Bea2 and Bea3, I thought for subsequent babies, I would not have that but yes I did have that. I have not done any shopping for the new baby, thought of doing it last weekend but something just came out. But I received a surprise gift from a mom, someone I know through the internet and met for the first time on Sunday. It is a a cute jumper for my baby, his very first and I could not help smiling whenever I look at it...ahhh this fuzzy wuzzy feeling!
Update: We bought some clothes for the boy already, but funny in the shop, I was still attracted to girl's clothing, though;)

2. I was still a bit upset the whole day at work, after the incident with the dining table when I looked at my mails. Among them was a congratulatory note that the application for my second research project had been approved. Again, I felt overwhelmed and almost screamed with joy. Also nervous, as eventhough I hope I get it and felt positive about getting it and spent a lot of time writing a proposal and planned for a budget etc., part of me said it was ok not to get it as I was not sure of my ability to handle it.
With it comes a few trips, and I plan to bring the whole family with me.
First it will be a fieldtrip to Palembang, Ranau, Maninjau and, Bukittinggi and Padang in Sumatera. I was hoping to do it last June but had it postponed due to the delayed approval. With the money that we have, we might be able to make another trip to Medan and Danau Toba. There will be other people accompanying me to the field, and I have no idea on how to let hubby handle all kids by himself. I think of having my baby in a sling all the time with me, if I have to.
Updated:It is almost confirmed now the first trip will be in Nov and the second in early Feb. Can't wait!
Pic taken from here
After that, hopefully in April/May, a trip to Aberyswyth, UK. I will carry out labwork for 2 weeks and I hope we can stay another week for holiday. This will strictly depends on money, as it definitely cost us almost an arm and a leg! But I try to make it simple, though I wish to carry out the work myself but still if we can't, the last resort would be sending a student. There is no way for me to go without the whole clan.
3. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm just technically-challenged. It is a surprise that I made the effort to have a blog. I didn't even know why my sidebar moved to the bottom, stayed there for many months and suddenly appeared at the side again. As for a computer, I know how to switch on off, using some programs to draw diagrams and make posters for presentations. That's it, even for simple upgrading, I would yell for the staff that we call "the IT guy";).
And I'd been avoiding working at home. To me home is strictly for the family and resting, but now time spent in the office is lesser and I'm getting more comfortable to do some work at home. So, I decided on a laptop, also to bring along during my incoming trips. I wanted something simple but must be light, one thing led to another. I finally settled with something and got again overwhelmed by those things that come with it. When it arrived, almost the whole day it just sat on my table, looking miserably at me.
Update: Now, I'm getting used to my new other baby and comfortable using it everyday at home, and learn to fully utilise it very slowwwwwly. No idea if I can really work when the baby is around, but I'm much calmer now.
There, another long rambling from a very pregnant mama!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IKEA sales start today. Why not pay a visit before baby pop out :)

4:53 PM  
Blogger D said...

yeehaaa!!!! I think I'm more hyped about the baby boy than you are! LOL... Before you even think about it, no thank you, I already have 3 boys.

3:09 AM  
Blogger WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

To side track you a bit, you have been tagged - Rockin' Girl Blogger Award.

Looking forward to hear about the little one.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I am with you on the fuzzy feelings when washing baby clothes in anticipation of its arrival. I just love those first few days when baby is soooo small.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Juliah & Faridah said...

belum lagi ke? .. ke dah sudah?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

welcome to the boys club !

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home