Saturday, November 10, 2007

We are up north!

The kids still in bed, and the connection is not bad so its time for an entry, finally!

It has been a wonderful and prouductive trip so far, and we have not hit the beach yet.

We started from KL at 12.30 am Thursday, arrived in Perlis at around 8. Checked in and had some rest. At noon, we moved to Perlis State Park. Six cavers from Malaysian Nature Society and my two postgrad. were already there, rested and all eager to start off.

However, after some discussion, we decided that the cavers would not go in Perlis caves and we changed to Baling for them. They left for Baling and my students and I continued in Perlis.

It was indeed a very exciting experience for me as I'm not familiar with this area.

That is about me. As for the rest of the family, the hotel didn't provide babysittibg services as it was Deepavali. Hubby was cool about it, indicated to me that we didn't need that. I was surprise that he agreed to abbysit all 4 on his own, for the first time ever!

I was away for 31/2 hours. Six oz of expressed breatmilk was not enough for Adel. Both Bea3 and him did a big poo and when I came back out of a cave, I saw crying Adel in hubby's arms, sucking his fingers and I was shocked to see him in my T-shirt.

Thought hubby knew what to do when they returned to the hotel. The milk was in the fridge and I have packed half of the house already, but he just couldn't find the baby's shirt.

Well I didn't complain, I was just amazed!

The next day, he agreed to do it again. Since I was going in the tourist cave, Gua Kelam only I decided to bring Adel in. Told hubby to make use of the Kid's Club facility, I'd taken a look and was sure the girls would love it but he rather be in the room.

My work in the cave was mainly about instructing my students what to do, we spent some time in the cave to do measurements. Adel was kind of captivated by the new experience, he was just observing his surrounding and I carried him in a carrier, for the first time facing the front. After a while, he fall asleep.

We finished at noon, returned to the hotel, got ready and started our trip to Baling, mainly for sending my students there and also for me to discuss with the cavers about their work and our next plan.

Got a little bit confused on the road but arrived at 7 pm. We talked amidst kids running around in the KFC. It was so comforting to me knowing that they are all co-operative, and motivated to continue working.

We returned to Kangar, got a little lost again and only arrived at 11pm. The kids were all still active as the slept in the car, except for Adel who did sleep well through. During the long drive, Bea2 asked if we were heading to rumah hotel with the beach already, I said not, that would be tomorrow (today!).

We will get more rest today, hubby will do a little work at the Kangar branch office, and we will take the ferry to Langkawi in the afternoon. He will be at work whole day tomorrow, me and girls will think of something fun to do. I will continue with a conference on Monday. What follows after that will be decided later, no fixed plan yet as I'm tired of changes already! At least, Penerbangan Malaysia says my booking is still valid.

Pics will follow soon, the one of me doing spelunking, of sleeping Adel in a cave and hopefully the Langkawi beaches.

Adel is up, cooing and entertaining himself. He is always like that if he gets good, satisfying sleep. Cute! Gotto go to my baby now, and breakfast is calling too!

Thanks for reading, will catch up later in Langkawi....oohhh, can't wait!


Anonymous sofhib said...

no wonder you're super slim. non stop juggling.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous fuzzy said...

ah hah! so now we know how 'slim' you are and adel can share clothes!!! :)

4:26 PM  
Blogger Mama22Beas said... could a reason als lah!

fuzzy...haha funny! No not really, but looking at the rate he is doing, in a few years maybe.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home