Saturday, April 11, 2009

Tiny yogurt marble cupcakes

Curious of how a cake with yogurt taste, I gave it a try. I love' em tiny, but swirling the batter to make the pattern in tiny paper cups is challenging.

I baked them in 24 tiny and 4 big cups. They turned out ugly the first time. I used a chopstick to twirl the batter.



The first batch gone within minutes. That's how ravenous my kids are.
Ugly or not, it does not matter if your kid indulge like this, right?


I whipped another mixture and baked it in a big pan, malas already. I got better pattern this time around. Then only it occured to me, the chopstick was too big.

With that in mind, I tried again today. I used a stick that we got when we buy readily cut fruits. A toothpick will do the job too. Better I guess, but think more experienced and artistic baker can do better.


Bea1 brought some to school today (replacement classes). And I'm sure the rest will be gone soon too.

Recipe and better pic can be found here. But I only made half of the choc mixture and omitted the coffee. I also only bake my tiny cakes in about 13 minutes in 165C.

4 Comments:

Blogger MHB said...

oh wow... looks so yummmm and irresistable.. must try one of these days

p/s: your cakes (second batch) look far more wonderful than on the recipe blog!! ;-)

2:00 PM  
Anonymous a&a'smom said...

Aiyoh, I like Cute Pie Adel's pic more than the cupcakes!! Wah, his fringe is really longlah!

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben luv to play with want Adel and want to meet him again. --sofhib

3:20 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

MHB...that's some encouragment from the expert. Thanks, really appreciate that. Lebih semangat nak buat cupcakes lagi.

A&a's mom...ya, ya...he needs haircut badly.

Sofhib...sure come la on one of the saturdays. Give me at least 3 hours notice first, ok!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home