Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Seismic Hazards Awareness Week:Earthquake and Tsunami

This may come a bit late, and I was not sure of announcing it over my blog. But the response is so not encouraging. We thought there should be somebody from the press to cover the story but none came, neither during the official launching nor today as scheduled. Must be some mistake some where. This is the least I can do at the moment, though I'm aware of the 'unpopularity' of my blog.

The seminar is open to all and one of the main objectives is to educate the public about earthquake and tsunami. It's been on for 3 days already. Today we had people from Bahagian Keselamatan Negara, Meteorological Dept, Jabatan Bomba dan Penyelamat, Malaysian Centre for Remate Sensing. It is actually targetted to the audience from the public, but like I said the response is really upsetting!

Anyway, for tomorrow (23rd June): Forum & Dialog with Geoscientist experts
Saturday (25th June): Seminar on Earthquake & Tsunami by a few experts
In between that, we have presentation of posters and video shows. Come and bring your family.

More info from this link
or call 03-7967 4203.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home