Thursday, March 30, 2006

A confession of a klutz

A klutz, I am. Just found out about the word in QOTH blog, and finally I have a word besides "being clumsy".

I tend to easily hurt myself, I mean I got small bruises all over. One on the waist from that corner of a table, one on elbow for trying not to fall off the stairs, some on thigh that I have no idea from where, even on the cheek after hitting a table (again) while getting up after picking up a pencil from the floor. The one on the cheek that I got while shooting during my ROTU days does not count, anyway;).

That's one of the reasons why I love being pregnant. I just blame it all on the hormonal change;).

But this happened when I'm not.

05040004

See, the ugly finger. I'm sure everyone knows we only get that if we slam it with something, for example....er, car door. Can't really think of anything else.

I realised that I slammed my finger, and it was stuck at the car door when trying to pull it with all my might, but it was still there. It took me a few seconds, a few seconds of disbelief that I actually slammed my own finger...before I felt the PAIN.

Off course I could just throw everything in my other arm/hand on the ground to release it. My handbag, my breastpump bag, the kids' bag, Bea1's school bag but not my BABY!!!

I hollered to hubby. He was unbuckling Bea2 at the other side, and it was the longest seconds in my life before he finally got to me. And that seconds became longer as amidst utter disbelief, hubby mumbled that people do get their fingers accidently 'terkepit' at car doors, if somebody else shut the door. Not slamming their own fingers of the same hand that close it.

I was finally released but no words to comfort me.

All I wanted to do right away was bury my face into the pillow, and cry and to be left alone.
But I need to unlock the padlock at the front grill, climb 4 full flight of stairs, unlock another padlock, and find the key to another keyhole before I even entered the apartment.
And cried my heart out, I did while doing all that with all the 'luggage' and Bea3 in my arms.

The pain is gone but the 'mark' is still there. At least till my nail grows a few more millimeters, and I don't know it is genetic or not my nail grows very slow.
Then I have this idea, the whole thing is not that bad. With it, I can actually estimate the rate of the nail growth.

stal

You see that is a cross section of a stalagmite. The layers represent growth laminea. The records of how much rain, and the chemistry of it etc are stored there. Since people are able to date the layers, we can actually estimate its growth rate and study past climatic conditions and predict the future climate with it. And I'm talking about geological time here.

Anyway, the bummer is I can't remember exactly when I hurt my finger. I estimate it is about two months ago.

One of the reason sometimes I have a doubt if I really am fit to be a mother...in a hurry, I did knock the baby's head on the grill door once...bad mama:(.

10 Comments:

Blogger shoppingmum said...

That must be really hurt! Me too, very clumsy person, not only hurt myself, but I accidentally kepit my boy's finger when buckling up his car seat, or tummy when buckling his highchair. My mum said I'm very reckless.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Mumsgather said...

It happened to me once before many years ago ie slamming the car door on my own finger. After that the fingernail turned black and dropped off! Horror or horrors. And once, I slammed the boot on my little girl's finger and had to get hubby to open the boot with the car keys. The seconds lasted even longer then! Luckily there was a wide gap between the boot door and the boot and she only suffered a bruise. I was terrified that I had broken her finger!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Juliah & Faridah said...

ouch ouch oucchhh!!.. sakit nye..

1:44 PM  
Blogger geeth said...

Me too, me too. I also clumsy. Have even banged myself on a glass sliding door.. luckily it didn't shatter!

Many times, when I cook, I will cut my finger.. and my hubby has given up :)

Your finer must have really hurt. Take care..

2:02 PM  
Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Oooh... just reading about slamming your own finger ah, makes my body shiver alreadea... addddooouuuiii...

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you remind me of what my mom said "people smart on one thing, and blur on something else."
for example, my uncle very good on math, but he can't remember his own house phone number.
you prove to be another one like my uncle :D.

9:52 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Yikes. That must have hurt.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Contented Mum said...

Ouch, it sure hurts!
Hey, thanks for the spup bunjut recipe. Will try it out soon! :)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

You're a klutz too?! Ouch, that looks bad!! I have not had my fingers terkepit that badly but once I dropped a heavy can of carpet-cleaning foam on my toe. It did turn blue and black and dropped off. And being the classic klutz (love the word!) I once tripped over myself at the airport and before I could board the plane, my ankle was swollen (huge) and all I could do was limp. It took months to recover ...

12:06 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Now I know I'm not in a rare species, after all ;)

Shoppingmum...I kena still ok, but if kids...aiyoh feel guilty a lot. We must be careful always right!

Haha mumsgather...I will tell hubby there are people who slam their own fingers;). Glad that your girl is ok...a reminder to me to be careful with the boot too.

haariz's mommy...plus buckets of tears, I tell you.

Geetha...I forgot to mention that I 'walked into' a glass wall in a shopping complex. Very embarrasing as people tried not to laugh at me!

lrong...I hate to even think about it, but that mark keeps reminding me to it.

Maria...thanks, at least someone thinks I'm smart despite the clumsiness:).

Friday's child...yeah it hurt but think since Bea1 witnessed it, she kind of learn something about it.

contented mum...you're welcome. Can try it out when you feel much better.

QOTH...luckily la my nail is still intact. I tend to trip over myself too. Hubby thinks something wrong with the 'design' of my legs.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home