Friday, March 03, 2006

Through the eye of a kid

I had taken some of the drawings on the walls of our apartment. They never fail to amuse me and I would try to get the meanings of some of them:

04040006
Bea1 said it is papa on the left and mama on the right.
I asked her where she was. She said she was still small and stayed in my tummy. Asked where Bea2 and Bea3, she gave me one look and said off course they are not around yet. She knows the sequence;)

I asked what was in between us. She grinned and said papa and mama are holding hands.
I wondered, as at home we rarely hold hands. If we get the chance, it is outside the house without the kids.
Asked hubby for his opinion. He just went "Ohhh...that's papa pinching mama's buttock". Looking at the expression on hubby's face (in the drawing), think that one is more likely the case.

04040004
This one shows mama on the left. I know, she initially wanted to fill my 'face' with some color but hubby cheekily said she was just angry with me and started to 'conteng' my face.

Both pics have the squarish object with a dot on the left, she pointed to the bedroom door when asked. That makes me wonder, she might be wondering what papa and mama are up to behind the closed door while letting her and Bea2 watch Playhouse Disney...;).

04040008

I forgot to ask her who this is, but I can see he/she has a huge mole on the left cheek!

Hubby would go "tsk, tsk, tsk" when seeing me busy looking for more drawings with a camera in my hand. But he actually has this as the background on the laptop, taken from my blog obviously.


scan0006

Bea1 was delighted when she saw it the first time and recognised her artwork. She must be proud!
Another one is started to get under the art attack, and I'll get myself busier, snapping pics here and there.

12 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

When children draw good things about their family it just shows that she is contented and happy with what she sees in you as her parents.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think u can give a luna/crayon set for her next birthday...!!

1:17 PM  
Blogger geeth said...

Very imaginative drawings.. Hmm, she must be having lots in her mind about papa and mama ;P

She can even try the Paint program in the computer.. Shw can play with colours..

Ooops, walls also got big mural ah?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Min Chan said...

Hi! First time visiting your blog. Bea1 is very talented. No need to put up pictures at home 'coz already got mural :D

The right figure in the first picture looks like Stitch (from Lilo & Stitch) to me!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Lrong Lim said...

That last drawing is a good one... worth framing up, I'd recommend...

11:05 AM  
Blogger Cherry said...

when you move to the NEW APT ... you got to carry along all these paintings ... priceless !

1:44 PM  
Blogger Yume said...

"Ohhh...that's papa pinching mama's buttock"
Ha ha ha

11:27 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Friday's Child...sometimes I wonder if my kids are happy kids, I guess so far we are happy and fine.

Pinkcherry...as for crayon, she is uaing a lot of them in school. And for other types, I lost count on how many set we'd bought.

Geetha...yup, she does on Paint, too. And about the wall, I just don't care anymore if they want to turn it into a huge mural.

Thanks for visiting Min...now I know, that face is so familiar. So, that's how she sees the father...hehe!

Yes lrong..love that one, I have it in some files in my office. Will get it framed!

Ninuk...that's why I'm taking pics of them now. We might want to repaint the apartment once we move out completely from there...btw, dunno when as plan to make it into a hufe store room;)

gartblue...I'm very sure oh how inclined Bea2 would be, but now she is imitating her sister. With Bea1, I spent a lot of time holding her hand to draw when she was little!

Thanks for visisting nectar...think my naughty hubby does the pinching more than holding hands, in front of kids summore!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Dilip Mutum said...

An artist in the making. ;-)

It was kind of funny because it seems like all kids (including my own Rahil) love to scribble on the walls even when given paper with crayons.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your wall seems more interesting, more meaningful than mine, the wall in my house just lines and circles hahaha...
any idea when you going to repaint your "great wall"?

4:33 PM  
Blogger Contented Mum said...

Your girl so artistic ya, lovely drawing!

4:59 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Adam...kids are more interested on the 'Dons' than the 'dos'.
That's why I'd given up.

Maria...your time will come, your time will come!
We will leave the apartment as it is, no plan to rent out, maybe it will be our weekend gateway...so think I will just leave the wall as it is for some time.

contented mum...yeah, think she got the gen from my brother;)

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home