Friday, March 17, 2006

A new toy, I got!

All this while I'm just happy to have a handphone merely for the convenience to make calls and sms, plus to know the time from the clock.

I admit that I'm not very interested on all the other exras that come with handphones today. I'm not easily lured into something just because everyone else is into it, American Idol or Akademi Fantasia for example;)...hehe, no offence for the fans of the two shows, ok;). Call me "katak bawah tempurung" but I'm not inclined to it!

My handphone was passed down from hubby about 41/2 years ago, and I think he had been using it at least 2 years before that. It has been giving me problems, particularly the battery that just would not get charged. I thought I just need to change it, the battery and not the phone!
The problem became more serious the last few days.

And 3 days ago, I had a miscommunication with hubby (who left his phone at home). While the train approaching the station where we supposed to meet (hubby's plan), me and the girls moving to the opposite direction, to his office.

After a long walk to look for a public phone that works, a huge mess that the girls made in his office while waiting, and 3 hours later, we were reunited!

A resolution needed to be made, he annouced. He said I must get a new phone. I insisted, I just need the battery and he needs to get one of those straps so that he would not forget his phone again!

And last night, I saw a Nokia paper bag on his table. Started to get excited. He brought it home and get a spanking new handphone's battery charged. But he was playing a game, he would not say anything unless I started it first.

I was about to explode when I asked"The new handphone, is it mine?"
He went "Huh?"
I almost pleaded "Let it be mine la...next week is my birthday, remember?"
"Oh, next week ka?...Ok lah (with a grin)"

I was floating in the air but trying to be cool and went about the chores as usual.

It is still far from the hi-end technology (I mean the 3G and whatnots) that people can get from a handphone nowadays, but according to hubby since he saw me loves snapping pics lately, he got one with a camera;).
And it puts me on the par with most of the students;).

04230005

And to show that he had enough of getting answered by my voicemail, he recorded his voice to be my ringtone. And it goes "Angkat talifon tu mama, angkat talifon tu (pick up the phone mama, pick it up)", it goes over and over. It would be a 'disaster' if it rings in meetings, conferences etc. I either must remember to put it in silence, or change the ringtone fast. I have not got the time to play around with my new toy yet;), but I just love it, love it, love it;). And it is merely because it is from him!

10 Comments:

Blogger geeth said...

Ooooo, very nice toy!

So cute. Enjoy getting to know.. ur new toy ;P

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy b'day in advance to you.

so, this weekend, you may work out with yr new toy la.

3:13 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Geetha...it reminds me that I had not get myself a toy for a long time, only the kids.

Thanks sofhib...and thanks for the first sms on my new phone;).

6:07 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That's nice of your hubby to give you a phone. Nice phone. Advanced Happy Birthday.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whao... so nice, new handphone!!! envy, envy :D

my friend recorded her 12 months old baby gibberish and laghing as the ringtone, so cute...

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice bday gift you get there. I am currently using hands me down hp too. Wl take over hubby's current hp soon...very...very...soon. Enjoy your new toy.
Tq, for your bday cake idea. I read the post just in time for my children's bday. I got it decorated myself and ppl even thought I make the cake myself :)

10:14 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

friday's child...it is a good thing the handphone spoiled near my birthday, just a good excuse!

Maria...we tried to record Bea1's voice asking me to pick it up, but she was not cooperative. And hey, it is a good idea you got there, must try it.

butterflutter...thanks for visiting, but I had prob. to go to your blog.
Glad you found the idea is good...the teacher also thought I bake the cake myself, too!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woooaa...what a comel n cutelah! mama22beas, then u are lucky wife...at least ur hp got camera...mine is nokia 3310...zaman hang jebat daaa...but i love it! love it! hehe...

happy earlier b'day eh...

3:12 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

yeap good strategy ... esok kan birthday i ... he he he.
oh yes fun part of recording voices then set it as ringtone. my kids did that to my hp without knowing it ... nyanyi lagi "Mak talipon ... Mak talipon" and then the phone rings during a meeting and we're looking at each other ... sape punya phone lah tu ... Oooops ini le Mak nye.

8:04 AM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

When u r free, SMS me yr new number. I asyik duk phone yr hubby's line. LOL.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home