Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sup Bunjut

I guess a blogger can't claim she/he cooks until she/he blogs about it.
contentedmum asked me how I make Sup Bunjut, so I thought I'd just blog it. I know, I know a lot of people who are used to it can cook it with both eyes closed;).

It is one of our favourite food. One dish for the whole family, even if you have a baby who just gets started on solid. And making it is a breeze.

05010003


In the plate on top right, I have sliced shallots, garlic and ginger. The spices come in the 'bunjut', that can be easily found in the market.
The others are chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, spring onions, parsley and a dash of lime juice.

Heat a bit of oil and saute everything in the plate till brown. Add water.

Do what is necessery to the chicken. I prefer to remove the skin, trim off fat and cut into smaller pieces. Cut potatoes, carrots, celery and chunk everything in the pot.

Let it boil on slow fire, and simmer. Then all you got to do is wait. I would normally get the baby to sleep, wash whatever in the sink, join the two girls doing the 'cooking' (For a way to save money on toys, read more here) while singing "mix and mix, mix and mix...." ala Colin in Playhouse's "Bite Size" or even give my man a good shave.

To feed a baby, scoop a ladle before adding salt. If it is too soon to introduce too many in one dish, just take carrot and the meat only, for example. Normally I add a little rice and mash with the back of a spoon. If the baby wants smoother texture, just use blender.

05010005

Sprinkle spring onions and parsley, and hubby loves his with some lime juice. We love having it with a baguette.

A wholesome nutritios home-cooked meal, made with some bonding moments with the kids. It won't take you more than 15 minutes in the kitchen, off course not including simmering and waiting-to-cool time.

There you have it, mama23beas' first food blog but the bummer is the pic on the kids' version of soup is in the camera. Can't get it downloaded yet.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mumsgather said...

Congratulations!... on your first food blog! :) I'm yet to do mine.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Juliah & Faridah said...

halloooo...

new here. yummy!!

2:54 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Looks like its nutritious.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Oh oh... looks good lah... somemore come with roti...

4:11 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

mumsgather...who got time for food blog when she got great kids;) to blog about.

Thanks Haariz's mommy for visiting. Took a peek at your blog. Cute boy you got!

It is, Friday's child.

lrong...without roti, hubby said not filling enough.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

hv you try Sup Mak Siti ... ok gak tu !

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum...looks so good. I'm in the States and can't find the sup bunjut thing in the white pouch. Do you know what goes into it so that I can make my own version here?

1:41 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Zarina, I just wrote an entry to answer your Q.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home