Thursday, March 09, 2006

From an apartment into a home (part 1)

Since we signed up the S&P agreement of the purchase of the apartment 3 years ago, I've been dreaming on how I would make it into a comfortable home for us. That also mean a lot of flipping Ikea catalogues, and yes so far all 3 of them. The purchase was done just after hubby bought our current apartment. Since all my attention is more on the new apartment, only basic stuffs are in the one that we are living in now.

We are preparing to move now. And this is how one of the 3-year dreams went out the windows:

Me: Abe, think I'd found suitable pendant lamps for the dining table. Cheap only!
Hubby: What? Pendant lamps ...mana boleh. You see lah...the girls will climb up the table and the lamp, and swing like a tarzan. Then if we get boys in the future, they will climb higher to the ceiling
Me: Arghhhh...(so it won't really look like a Ikea showhouse!)

But I feel a lot better after reading a good piece from Friday's child.

For many years, if I were to have a dream house, it would be anything within not more than 5 km from my office/babysitter/schools. I just hope I won't dwell much on how small it is etc.

While lrong makes me all fuzzy wuzzy with his new neighbourhood and garden, think once we settle down in our new home, I will cherish the time that we have reading at home, instead being stuck in a traffic jam. Or the time that I have watching the girls cycling around the playground, instead being in the car (or worse if they catch me cursing at some stupid drivers;)).

And most importantly, I'm just grateful that we have a roof over our heads!
And the apartment will definitely be a home, and I also don't care if the girls turned the walls into yet another huge murals;)

6 Comments:

Blogger Cherry said...

betulll tu Mama2beas ... a home is a home ... better stuck at home rather than in the JAM. my principles hold, if i still choose to work outside of the house, then the trip shouldn't take more than 15 min (average good day). alhamdullilah, ayahanda agreed eventhough it cost us quite a BOMB.

5:45 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Thanks for mentioning me in your blog.
I'm glad you've already made it to your new apartment. Now comes the decorating. I'm sure you'll always find good things with your good taste.

6:19 PM  
Blogger shoppingmum said...

At least you have an apartment, me still no clue when will have one. It's always good to have our own cosy little space and live with our children, huh?

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama2beas, since you mentioned IKEA, tend to miss IKEA plak. Last visit was 3 weeks ago when bought our computer table.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Contented Mum said...

Home is a place fill with love and laughter, which you have plenty of it. That's a better deco than any IKEA items! LOL

4:44 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Ya la Ninuk...the only stress I got is from the traffic (and drivers in Bolehland), not from work!

Friday's Child...though I'd love to decorate the way I like it, I must be sure that I'm taking that 3 small kids into consideration.

Shoppingmum...I agree with you, I'm treating the apartment as my own huge doll house now;).
Anyway, staying with family or in-laws has its pros, too. Make the most out of it, ok!

sofhib...hope you are enjoying your shopping now. We have not gotten into the full force yet;).

Thanks for sweet words, contended mum

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home