Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It's all about getting them occupied...

After knowing that I was pregnant with Bea3, people around me were expecting that I'd consider taking a live-in helper.

But no matter chaotic and messy the house is, I'm still adamant that we can do without one.

"So, who does the cooking?" the wide-eyed mother of one, that I met in the peaditrician's clinic almost jumped off her chair. She had a maid tagging along, and occasionally sighed while observing my two elder girls turning the place upside down.

I just said, if cooking needs to be done, I'd do it. And hubby can fry the eggs, and sausages sometimes;).

To me it is all about getting the kids to be occupied.

The elder kids kicked off with this project when I went in the room to get Bea3 to sleep and were done with it after I finished making dinner.

05100002

Both were very happy with the artwork.

Well, the dinner that I made, think a lot of people won't consider stir-fry-anchovies-prawns-mixed vege in 15 minutes as cooking.

But 3 of us really enjoyed it.

05100001

That's what I normally do when hubby has to work late. Depending on my mood, sometimes I do get freaked out with the thought that I'd be left alone with the girls. Then, those numbers of nearby pizza deliveries come in handy;).

10 Comments:

Blogger geeth said...

Oh my goodness.. how did that chair become like that! :)

Yeah, the trick is to keep them occupied.

Keep up the good work!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we do it?

Yes we can!

Me with 3 children 6yo,3yo&1yo and no maid.

Stir frying is the best...

2:36 PM  
Blogger Shamira said...

This is amazing, the chair, LOL!

Can I have more ideas on how to keep Alysha occupied.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tabik spring to you :D.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salute & hats of to you!!

Is that glue & were they trying to decor the chair ?? LOL!!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Mumsgather said...

The Chair! The Chair! LOL! Your homemade fastfood looks delicious. Can I have some? :)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Queen Of The House said...

Oh yes ... Pizza Hut, Shakey's, Dominos, McD, Burger King ... I've called them all. Especially after a hard day at work. Sometimes for lunch I call from the office, and have them delivered to my kids at home :)

The chair ... did they add some paint too? That would have looked good. But I probably would have freaked out if my kids did that!!!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Between the chair and the stir fry, I'd go for the latter... looks good...

3:57 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Yes Geetha...that's the trick but sometimes we run out of ideas too.

butterflutter...you, too? I must learn from you.

Shamira...have you tried asking her to peel garlic. Good for fine motor skill. My kids can spend a good 1/2 hour on that;).

sofhib...no need tabik spring la. Biasa je tu..

a&a's mom...they were trying to 'colour' the chair.

mumsgather...nothing special la. My kids and I are no fussy-eater. Anything also can.

QOTH...I would have freaked out if they did it on the wooden chair but that was a plastic one. We had a good time cleaning it in the bathroom after that.

lrong...off course you would go for the latter, hubby too and leave to cleaning to mommy:(

5:01 PM  
Blogger ZMM said...

Oh my.. you are a cool mum.. I would have freaked out if I see the chair being painted that way..

But were the older 2 kids careful? I didn't see any spillage on the floor!

The 1 dish meal looks good.. don't worry..

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home