Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothering Mothers 2009 - Update

Update! Lil has posted an entry in her blog. The approval letter from UMMC is there too. I don't know how to put it here so click on the link if you want to see it.

Attention to all contributors
Please drop your gifts at the listed drop-off points by Friday (8th May) noon and please let us know if you have any problem regarding this.

A note to all hospital volunteers
We still have 3 slots for volunteers at the hospital.

We have now extras and we will decide on which ward to go to distribute the rest. In 2005 we went to maternity wards, geriatic (for old folks) and even a ward for premature babies. I thought I could control myself, but I had to hide the tears when I saw babies that were of the size of my palm. I know Allah would protect them but it would be months in the hospital for the moms. Depending on the final total number of gifts and discussion with the UMMC staff that will accompany us, we will make a decision. Maternity wards are huge while not many patients in geriatic. We will see, and the hosp. staff indicated to me that they are flexible.

I will post maybe two maps and some other info regarding the visit in another post soon. Watch out!


Updates on Mothering Mothers 2009:

NUMBER OF PLEDGES:
1. Mama23beas: 5
2. Moo Mommy: 10
3. Lavender: 3
4. Geok Hong: 2 (+2)
5. sofhib: 5
6. Eydd: 10
7. Charine: 5
8. Chanel: 5
9. Christene: 5
10. Lyza: 5 (at least)
11. Eida: 5
12. hui-wearn: 5
From allthingspurple(Christene) blog
13. Misha Paris's Mum - 5
14. Jacss - 5
15. Amy - 5
16. Jessytai - 2
17. Eve - 2
18. Anggie - 3
From Chanel
19. Michele Soo - 3

20. Elaine - 5
21. Hijackqueen - 2
22. Pek Imm - 3
23. WCP - 2
24. NST - 3
25. Sqkiki - 2
26. Javapot - 6
27. Lilian - 5
28. Annieq - 3
29. Adrine -5
30. Wai Han - 1
31. Redbabe - 2
32. Eva Razali, Delliah, Liza Masrina and Ninuk - 13
33. Sheryl Hen – 3
34. JO-N : 5
35. Vedis – 2
36. Pohling – 2
37. Shamira - 5
38. Zainab - 4
39. Inbha - 3
40. Salmiah - 1
41. Suzana - 1
42. Nalini - 1
43. Alina Grace - 3
44. Suzette - 2


TOTAL 176

Keep the pledges coming in and let me know if I miss anyone.

DROP-OFF POINTS
Thanks to Dayang Lily of UmmikuSayang, Vivian of Fabulous Mom and Elaine:

1. AlimKids Bookstore, 6-1 USJ 9/5Q, Subang Business Centre, 47600 UEP Subang Jaya.

2.Fabulous Mom Sdn Bhd, 2A, Jalan TK2/1C, Taman Kinrara, Seksyen 2
47100 Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia (First floor, corner unit, above Shanghai Coffee Shop)
Tel: 03-80765262,Fax: 03-80765562
Email: info@fabulousmom.com

3. Kota Kemuning, Shah Alam - email Elaine at dragonmummy@gmail.com for instructions




VOLUNTEERS AT UMMC (limited to 12)
1. Mama23beas
2. Sofhib
3. Geok Hong
4. Shamira
5. Christene
6. Elaine
7. Wai Han
8. Redbabe
9. Yan nie
10. Alina Grace
11. Suzette

Let me know if I miss anyone!

Please confirm your participation with me. Due to the hospital regulation, there is a limit of 12 participants in the visit. Those who are coming can bring their gifts on D-Day, but we need the number of pledges so that we can plan better. For example which wards to go if we have extra or what to do if we have less, number of trolleys that we need etc.

CASH DONATION
We now have 2 volunteers to help with receiving cash, shopping and doing the packaging for the gifts: Thanks to Christene and Chanel

Bank in your pledge into : RHB Bank a.c. number : 2140-71000-98939

(and please leave a comment in allthingspurple blog to let us know how much each of you have banked in on which day and we will email you with an email address for the printscreen, if any).


For the uninitiated, just scroll down to my previous entry to learn more. Thanks for your support.

These two posts about Mothering Mothers 2009 will stay on top of the page till 10th May. To continue reading a rambling of a geologist-soon-to-be-mom-of-5 who tries to juggle everything without a live-in helper, just scroll down. You will see it, it is better than counting sheeps;).

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 from me --sofhib

5:49 PM  
Blogger Hui-Wearn said...

hi ros - confirmed that i will contribute 5 gifts.

5:13 PM  
Blogger cysev3n said...

k Ros, saya akan war2kan kat blog jugak.. mintak permission utk C&P..

5:18 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Sofhib..updated!

Thanks hui-wearn...will get it updated.

Yan...thanks, spread the words!

5:26 PM  
Blogger chanelwong said...

List is growing....yahoooo

For cash, I prefer them to put the comment on Christene to make her easier to manage the money coming into her account...

3:53 PM  
Blogger allthingspurple said...

Hey Ros,

Just thought I put this here for convenience of all.

The update as at 1st May 2009 :

*updated*
13. Misha Paris's Mum - 5
14. Jacss - 5
15. Amy - 5
16. Jessytai - 2
17. Eve - 2
18. Anggie - 3
19. Michele Soo - 3
20. Elaine – 5
21. Hijackqueen - 2
TOTAL 97

12:58 PM  
Blogger Mommy said...

Hi Ros,

Came here via Chanel's blog. I have prepared 3 gifts and will find a way to pass them to the designated drop off points sometime next week.

Cheers and Happy Mothers' Day!

(Pek Imm)

8:24 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Thanks Christene...I see two additional gifts there!

Yay...and we have 3 more ...thanks Pek Imm. Will update it right away

5:53 PM  
Blogger allthingspurple said...

Hey Ros,
Updates as per 4th May for everyone's convenience:

23. WCP - 2
24. NST - 2.5
25. Sqkiki - 2
26. Javapot - 6

Total : 112.5

1:56 AM  
Blogger Redbabe said...

Hey,

I will pledge 1 gift. And I would like to volunteer to visit this Saturday to distribute the gifts (if still have space). Can? I'll bring my gift on Saturday.


Rgds,
Redbabe

4:24 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Sure Redbabe...as you can see we need more volunteers at the hosp. Thanks for your pledge, I will update it right away.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Redbabe said...

that's so great. :) what's the plan and where shall we meet? my email is at gladyslcp@hotmail.com.

12:08 AM  
Blogger allthingspurple said...

Hi Ros,

*Update*
33. Sheryl Hen – 3
34. JO-N : 5
35. Vedis – 2
36. Pohling – 2

Total – 152

6:41 PM  
Blogger Alina Grace said...

Hi there.

My name's Alina Grace and I would love to volunteer this Saturday at UMMC. Is there still any more space for volunteers?

I would also like to contribute 3 gifts and will bring them on that day.

8:30 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Christene...update, thx

Alina...thanks, left a comment in your blog already.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Redbabe said...

Hey Ros,

Pls add 1 more gift from us. Thanks.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Shamira said...

Hey Ros, I have got 11 from my wonderful friends and colleagues. Pls add them on the list.

Shamira - 5
Zainab - 4
Inbha - 3
Salmiah - 1
Suzana - 1
Nalini - 1

10:15 AM  
Blogger Shamira said...

Correction 15 in all

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Suzette said...

Gosh! Ros, I was so occupied with my own grief of losing my job, and have completely forgot about this!!!

I am keen to be a volunteer on Saturday. Can you add me in? I hope not too late.

I will chip in 2 gifts - will buy them tomorrow!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Alina Grace said...

Hi Ros,

I saw that my name has been added as a volunteer but you've left out the gift portion. Will be bringing 3 gifts on Saturday.

Cheers.

1:33 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Redbabe...updated, thx.

Shamira...been waiting for your number;) Thanks, updated.

Alina...I thought I had missed out something last night. Thanks updated.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah. The gift is >150. See you gals tomorrow @ UMMC. --sofhib

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Suzette said...

Ros: thanks for updating my name in volunteer list. I think you missed out my 2 gifts in the pledges list. Thanks!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home