Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Toy management

With one kid....

Before bed, every night after playing with Bea1...
1. I made sure every of those tiny abc, 1,2,3 pieces (don't know how to describe it but it is some cheap toys, some sort of foam cuts) in their place...even the dots of the i and j.

2. Stacking rings were all neatly stacked.

3. All books on the shelf.

4. All colour pencils were gathered, colour pens were capped and kept in a proper place.

5. All toys put in the big container. The container then pushed to a corner, waiting for the next play time!

With 2 kids...

1. Tiny piece of v was found in the washing machine, w under the bed, p under the tv etc....

2. I had to look all over the apartment to get the complete set..poor Bea2, started on stacking rings a bit late.

3. Books are everywhere, I mean that includes torn pieces of pages...

4. We had a huge black mark on the sofa, as papa22beas sat on a black colour pen, uncapped (we agreed that we had made the right choice of getting one of the cheapest sofa, anyway...that time also got no money, just spent all in Japan;)).

5. Toys strewn all over their play room, containers without the contents serve as 'horses' that the girls can ride on...anyway, it was indeed one of the best decision I've ever made: turning the guestroom into their playroom. Now, less cursing for tripping over toys on the floor in the living!

Managing their toys is a tiresome task...for the kids, it is like a game. The messier the house, the happier they are!
Can't imagine how it is going to be like when the 3rd one arrives...*sigh*

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so do I. very familiar scene. house will only clear when they go for daytime nap or go to sleep at night.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Mumsgather said...

Make sure you don't step on those toy small parts. Ouch! Hehe.

10:22 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

twinsmom...thanks, that makes me feel better thinking that every mom (or parent) has to go through this stage!

sofhib...nice to see you here, thx for dropping by. Anyway, my house is only clean a few minutes after I'm done with cleaning!

mumsgather...been there, that's why la I shoved everything in that room. But not everything stays there all the time, but at least I don't have to be that careful to step on the living floor;).

3:09 PM  
Blogger 5xmom.com said...

I can take you into the future too...4 kids, toys for big boys right up to toddler.

Used to take the broom and sweept everything into a pile and chuck them into boxes, where got time to sort them ya?

3:48 PM  
Blogger amira shasmeen said...

Letting them play is better than letting the toys stay in the box ... ;) ..... excellent for their creativity ... I am also at that stage ... even with one ... heh heh ..

10:33 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

5xmom....hehe, just did that on Saturday. Hubby said I followed mumsgather. I was like "Aik..no you read mumsgather, too". He said, ya la..the one who commented on your blog...Ohh, that one is Lil la...

pompit...agree but I also kenot tahan toys all over the floor. Should get myself some motivations on stress management, instead;).

10:12 AM  
Blogger Prax said...

I like kids.

Only if they stay six feet away :-)

4:39 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

welcome Gates;)...er, you can't afford to always stay 6 feet away with your own;).

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home