Wednesday, July 06, 2005

More on Bea1 and preschool

Thought of blogging everything in one go, but this urge to blog it right away was too strong. Think I was more excited than Bea1, think all moms like that.

Went to the school again at 12.15 pm to pick her up. I was thinking to send her half-day only and let her be with babysitter in the afternoon.

When I entered the building, one of the staffs who attended to Bea1 and her group earlier signaled to me that she was at the other side. There I saw my Bea1 was playing with a doll, lying her down on a changing table. She was actually playing with one of the girls, well she made friend already. The girl saw me and told Bea1 that mama was there. She had a broad smile on her face, came to greet me and back to the toys. She did not seem to be ready to go back.

Talked to the staff. She said, she was an independent girl, no crying and looking for mama, still a bit shy with the other kids, though.

I had taken a look at the place twice before that. At the ground floor, there are two sections: one for toys and the other more for drawings (or other activities). There is a bathroom where they fixed two little toilet bowls. Rooms upstairs are for older kids in junior group. I love looking at hangers where tiny bags were hung, and the neat shoe racks for little shoes, and little stools where the kids sit when putting on shoes. And all the little boys and girls...they are sooooo adorable!

I was procrastinating in sending Bea1 here as she was not potty-trained yet. It is a slow progress, but she can now pee in the potty but so far no poo yet (there will be a huge celebration for this!). I was so surprised when I talked to the principal. She said just send her in diaper, she would see other kids do it and would get used to it. They always prefer the kids to be potty-trained, but if they are not, it is part of their job.

It was really a good start. I'm glad I found that place. I had it wrong previously by thinking that it was not good. The other schools are off course good but they are a bit expensive to me. Thanks to the recommendation from a few other lecturers here.

We had lunch together, and later I sent her to babysitter. As expected, she refused to go. I 'pujuk' her a bit, saying that it was her nap time and there will be school again tomorrow. I just hope she will continue to enjoy school more after we settled to the new routine.

Now, we got to do a bit of shopping this evening...for new shoes and bag....yes, the bag! I'd been waiting for this moment...bags for girls are just cute, but I must let her choose;).

4 Comments:

Blogger mjey said...

hey u are so lucky... pre-school just stone-throw away, cheap! iaya wht else you can ask more...I work around the golden triangle:(

3:36 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

twinsmom...I really hope so, this is only the first day! Can't tell much but so far, I'm sooooo happy!

mjey...that's what I planned. If I want to work, I want babysitter, preschool, school and even home (this one is going to be soon) to be only minutes from the office...hehe, too much to ask? I'm grateful that my plan seems to be working alright!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

good for you and Bea1 Ros ! she will enjoy the new friends and all the toys and also learn a lot socializing ...

-ninuk

9:53 AM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

Ninuk...thanks, yup...she is having a good time there!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home